- Viacom Earnings Dip. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Magazine;5/13/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 19, p28
The article reports on a decline in earnings of media company Viacom Inc. in the U.S. for the first quarter of 2007. Its first-quarter earnings declined by 36 percent due to higher printing and advertising costs for theatrical films and restructuring expenses in the company's MTV Networks...
- FRESTON FACES SPLITTING HEADACHE. Atkinson, Claire // Advertising Age;6/20/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 25, p3
Examines the estimated the amount of worldwide revenue of VH1 and Nickelodeon that will now be under Viacom Inc., run by co-president and co-chief operating officer Tom Freston. Plan of Viacom to split into two divisions; Performance of upfront advertising of MTV Network and VH1; Purpose of the...
- Double Your Pleasure. Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;3/21/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 12, p18
Discusses plans of Viacom chairman Sumner Redstone to split the company in the U.S. into two divisions. Implications of the plans of Redstone for MTV Networks; Significance of the plan to the stocks of Viacom; Expected revenues to be generated by both divisions.
- Viacom earnings see rise. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;7/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p2
Reports the increase in the earnings of Viacom. Percentage increase in the second-quarter; Inflation in free cash flow earnings; Optimism of Mel Karmazin, chief executive officer of Viacom, on revenue growth.
- Cost cuts have things looking up at Viacom. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;4/30/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the earnings and profits of Viacom Inc. and discusses the effect of cost cutting on its revenue.
- Viacom Reports Strong Quarter, Thanks To MTV. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;05/06/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 19, p8
Reports on the financial performance of Viacom Inc. for the first quarter of 2000. Net earnings; Total revenue; Cash flow; Performance of MTV Networks; Revenue growth of Viacom's online operations.
- Profits up at Viacom. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;8/6/2010, Vol. 308 Issue 24, p1
The article reports on the increase of Viacom Inc.'s profits by 40% in the second quarter in 2010 to 418 million dollars.
- SHARING THE WEALTH. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;7/25/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the increase in the profit of Viacom Inc. in the U.S. Percentage of the profit; Announcement on the first dividend of the company; Total revenues.
- MEL'S SELL IS ADDING UP. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/25/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the strong financial performance of Viacom Inc. during the third quarter of 2002. Increase in revenue and profits; Operating income; Share price; Cable network revenues.