State Franchising Bill Proposed in Indiana
- Private-sector coalition formed to fight incentive bill. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;9/6/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p30
The article reports on the formation of the new 14-member CoalicÃon del Sector Privado (Private Sector Coalition) on August 30, 2007 in Puerto Rico. The new coalition was formed to protest the recently filed House Bill 3798 that would establish the Puerto Rico Socioeconomic Development...
- State DOTs Oppose P3 Limits In Senate Transportation Bill. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/2/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33689, p17
The article reports on the move of an organization of state departments to confederate in advocating the House Republican leadership to oppose the Public Private Partnerships (P3) limits in the Senate transportation bill in the U.S.
- A slew of antibusiness bills shot down; Private sector shouts victory. Gonzalez-Velazquez, Joanisabel // Caribbean Business;7/22/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p32
Focuses on the victory claimed by the private sector after the Legislature rejected a series of antibusiness bills in Puerto Rico. List of bills rejected; Warning of private sector that the bills would affect the island's business climate; Reward for private sector 's effort against the...
- Untitled. // Personnel Today;4/8/2008, p23
The article reports that private sector employers have criticised the Scottish Government's decision to give its 7,500 staff an extra day off to celebrate St Andrew's Day. A new bill gives banks and other organisations the legal right to close on, or near, 30 November, but with no obligation to...
- Fast-Rail P3 Bill Passes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/25/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33523, p9
The article discusses the proposed legislative bill by the Illinois General Assembly which aims to create public-private partnership for financing, construction, and operation of a high-speed rail system and establishment of the Midwest Illinois High Speed Rail Commission.
- Bill seeks inclusion of domestic partners. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;10/3/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the formulation of a legislative bill for the inclusion of domestic partners in the business and corporate cooperation in New York. Authors of the Equal Benefits Bill; Extension of the 1998 Municipal Domestic Partnership bill; Provisions of the legislation.
- MP Wants Regulation of Private Sector. // Community Care;3/27/2003, Issue 1465, p11
Reports on a campaign launched by health minister Tim Laughton to regulate the private fostering sector. Introduction of the bill in parliament on concern over private fostering; Supporters of the bill; Proposal for establishment of a national register of private foster carers.
- D.C. Boosts Dereg Hurdle To $250,000. Katz, David M. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;07/17/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 29, p1
Focuses on the controversies surrounding a legislative proposal to increase the annual premium criterion for deregulation in Washington D.C. Provisions of the proposed deregulation bill; Approval of the bill; Changes in premium criterion proposed in the bill.
- Green Grumblings. Hudgins, Matt // National Real Estate Investor;Apr2006, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p12
The article examines the potential impact of a green building proposal, Bill 16-515, on the real estate market in the United States. According to the author, if the bill is passed, it would extend beyond government buildings to mandate compliance in the private sector. Any construction or...