The New Dirty Word: Disintermediation
- MMDS: From Back Burner to Centre Stage. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the increased importance of multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) in the telecommunication sector. Use of MMDS as a way to provide advanced two-way digital broadband access; Impact of the buying sprees of Sprint and MCI WorldCom.
- Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/13/95, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p5
Opinion. States that telecommunication network operators in the United States need to consider quality of service in their multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) efforts. Customers' quality demands; Factors influencing customers' decision to shift to MMDS; Arguments for and...
- Don't touch. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;7/2/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 1, p11
Deals with the opposition of vendors, service providers and educators in the telecommunications industry, to the idea of reallocating instructional television fixed service/multichannel multipoint distribution service spectrum to three gigahertz. Bands used by the opposition to the reallocation;...
- community. // Multichannel News;3/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p28
The article presents a question and answer, a list and some quotes from the blog related to multichannel telecommunication industry in the U.S.
- At least it was a stuffed head. Haugsted // Multichannel News;12/20/99, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p6
Presents news items related to multichannel communication industry in the United States as of December 20, 1999. Includes exhibition of Motorola Inc.'s Communications Enterprise at the 1999 Western Show; Definition of `hold the phone'; Appointment of Bob Clasen as chief executive officer of...
- WorldCom Full Speed Ahead On MMDS. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;03/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p62
Focuses on the condition of WorldCom company's investments in multichannel multipoint distribution services (MMDS) technology in the United States. Information on the MMDS project of the company in Memphis, Tennessee; Comparison of the MMDS of WorldCom and Sprint Corp.; Forecast on MMDS market.
- Sprint Corp. Trials Put MMDS Back On Track. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;5/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 19, p34
Reports on the resumption of the deployment of multichannel multipoint distribution services (MMDS) by Sprint Corp. Impact of the stoppage of the deployment of MMDS on equipment vendors; Challenges posed by the commercialization of MMDS equipment for the telecommunications industry; Support for...
- Multichannel test and measurement for DWDM systems. Farrell, Michael; Hazard, Shelly // Lightwave;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p102
Highlights multichannel or concurrent testing for dense wavelength-division multiplexing. Physical-layer testing; Client-layer testing; Implications of crosstalk for multichannel communication systems.
- The Word is Out on Audioconferencing. Dodd, Dominic // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2000, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p59
Focuses on the use of audioconferencing for business communications. Linking of real-time dissemination and receiving of information to commercial success; Reduction of cost of communications; Enabling of quick and easy communication among multiple parties; Application of audioconferencing in...