- Marvel signs $100 million deal with Hasbro. // DSN Retailing Today;2/6/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that Marvel Entertainment Group Inc. has signed a five-year deal with Hasbro Inc. to create toy lines based on the former's Marvel-branded characters in January 2006. The toy lines will be released in 2007. Included in the toy lines are action figures, role play and...
- Centra develops alliance. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;4/22/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p3
Reports the strategic business alliance between Centra Properties LLC and Panattoni Development Company in Nevada. Development of the Craig Distribution Center; Background of the companies; Improvement of the Las Vegas industrial market after the September 11 terrorist attacks.
- Organizational structures for the `new world order'. Hurwitz, Alan // Business Horizons;May/Jun96, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p5
Discusses the need for groups of organizations called clusters to collaborate in some aspect of their work in order to bring about or prevent particular outcomes. Addition of value through strategic collaboration on global and national fronts; Dynamics of collaboration among organizations;...
- Corporate alliance can aid growth plans. Creme, Paul D. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/29/95, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p11
Cites several reasons why corporate alliances are beneficial to a company's growth. Infusion of capital; Increase in visibility and validation; Opportunity to allocate risks of product development; Pre-emption of competition.
- COMMENT: GOVERNING ALLIANCES: ADVANCING KNOWLEDGE AND CONTROLLING OPPORTUNISM. Helper, Susan R. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p929
Focuses on the control of strategic alliances. Reduction of bureaucratic costs of joint ventures; Multipurpose research and development; Legal protection; Scope of the alliance.
- COMMENT: NON-LEGAL SANCTIONS AND STRATEGIC ALLIANCES: THE USE OF THE MARRIAGE CONTRACT AS A MODEL FOR STRATEGIC ALLIANCES. Bernstein, Edward A. // Case Western Reserve Law Review;Summer2003, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p945
Focuses on the use of marriage contract as a model for strategic alliances. General Motors-Fisher Body transaction; Theory and practice of strategic alliances; Monitoring of cost of joint ventures; Contribution of services in strategic alliances.
- The marrying kind. Harari, Oren // Management Review;Jun98, Vol. 87 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on forming relationships in business. How some companies view relationships; Discussion on forming alliances and partnerships; Situation to illustrate the advantages and disadvantages of partnerships and alliances.
- Small Claims. // Commercial Law Bulletin;May/Jun2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
A COLLECTION OF ITEMS TO BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE, SPUR YOU ON TO LEARN MORE, OR TELL YOU SOMETHING YOU DIDN'T KNOW
- The Influence of Complementarity, Compatibility, and Relationship Capital on Alliance Performance. Sarkar, M.B.; Echambadi, Raj; Cavusgil, S. Tamer; Aulakh, Preet S. // Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science;Fall2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p358
Presents a study that examined the impact of partner characteristics on the performance of business alliances. Factors that guarantee successful partnerships; Methods used in the study; Discussion on the results of the study.