Strong Today, Gone Tomorrow?
- A study of exotic Long Island reveals stubborn attachment to primitive linear TV. Strauss, Matthew // Cable World (10427228);6/23/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p42
Focuses on a study conducted by Sapient Research in Long Island, New York concerning video-on-demand services. Reasons behind the slow adoption of VOD; Suggestions on the promotion of VOD; Potential use of free-on-demand model in VOD services.
- On Demand, Urban Style. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/14/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p44
Reports on the Def on Demand (DoD) programming service unveiled by Comcast Corp. for its subscribers in urban areas in the U.S. in November 2005. Views of Page Thompson, vice president and general manager of Comcast On Demand, on the service; Reason of the company for selecting the video...
- FRAME GRAB. // Broadcast Engineering;May2005, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
Presents a graph on the percentage of American on-demand usage as of May 2005.
- VOD servers--Equations and solutions. Hardin, Glen; Sherer, W. Paul // CED;Aug2005, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p32
Looks at trends in video-on-demand (VOD) technology. Basic variables to the VOD equation; Factor influencing the change in the original server performance equation; Real-time acquisition-based services.
- Trends Driving VoD In 2016. // Broadcast & CableSat;12/30/2015, p1
The article reports on the trends that will drive the online video on demand industry in 2016 including smart penetration, diverse content and the launch of the 4G telecommunication technology.
- Ops Look to 'Playlists' To Unlock Ad Potential. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on the packaging of advertisements with free on-demand content in the United States. Video-on-demand advertising is becoming popular. It shaves the lead time needed to place advertisements from weeks to as little as a few hours. Dynamic VOD advertisements also help track...
- DirecTV bows on-demand service. // CED;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the admiration of DirectTV Inc. to video-on-demand service (VOD). It mentions that the DirectTV has announced its appreciation to VOD service despite of its slow transmission and cites that the firm launched its VOD to its clients in the U.S. in June 2008 after its...
- Executing the vision. // CED;Apr2004, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p50
Interviews Jim Ludington, Video-on-demand (VOD) pioneer and senior vice president of development and integration division of Time Warner Cable Inc. Factors influencing his decision to re-join Time Warner Cable; Views on trends that will drive VOD forward in 2004; Fondest memory of The Full...
- Kids Prove To Be Demanding. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;1/29/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p22
The article reports on the increased demand for video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S., with children and family programmers looking for ways to leverage the platform. According to Kagan Research, the number of homes with VOD subscription rose to about 26.2 million or 86 percent of the...