HISTORY DOCUMENTARY PROBES LINCOLN PSYCHE
- `Lincoln': Christmas gift from ABC. // America;12/12/1992, Vol. 167 Issue 19, p479
Reviews a holiday miniseries ABC is airing in December. A televised biography `Lincoln,' was written and produced by Philip Kunhardt Jr. and his son Philip Kunhardt 3d; Glenn Close as Mary Todd Lincoln; Jason Robards as Lincoln; A companion volume is available; Details.
- Lincoln reconstructed. Waters, Harry F. // Newsweek;12/28/1992, Vol. 120 Issue 26, p62
Offers a look at a riveting ABC documentary on Abraham Lincoln that draws on a superb collection of photographs from the producer's attic trunk. Four-hour biovid feeds into the newest programming twist; `Reality' television from the country's own past; Producer Peter Kunhardt; When it aires.
- Abe in the family. Chanko, Kenneth M.; Smith, Chris // New York;12/14/92, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p29
Reviews `Lincoln,' an upcoming documentary mini-series on the life of Abraham Lincoln. How Peter W. Kunhardt, director and co-producer, has spent most of the past two years working on the project; His lifelong immersion in Lincoln's life; The books his family members have written; Glenn Close...
- Gore Vidal's Lincoln. Current, Richard N. // Journal of American History;Dec1988, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p1044
Reviews the television program "Gore Vidal's Lincoln," about the leadership of then U.S. president Abraham Lincoln.
- ABRAHAM AND MARY LINCOLN: A HOUSE DIVIDED. Cummings, Sue // Variety;02/19/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 1, p48
Reviews the television program `Abraham and Mary Lincoln: A House Divided,' directed by David Grubin.
- History will launch Civil War week. Hibberd, James // Entertainment Weekly;2/18/2011, Issue 1142, p32
The article reports that the cable television network History Channel will broadcast a week of programming devoted to the U.S. Civil War to commemorate the 150th anniversary of that war.
- More originals making History. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;5/4/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the series and special programs that will be aired in the 2010-2011 season of History Channel in the U.S.
- IN BRIEF. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/10/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 19, p20
The article reports on new television programs of the cable television channel, History.
- What to Watch WEDNESDAY. Armstrong, Jennifer; Tucker, Ken; Shaw, Jessica // Entertainment Weekly;2/13/2009, Issue 1034, p51
The article offers a guide for suggested television program viewing for Wednesday, February 11, 2009, which includes the programs "Looking for Lincoln," "American Idol," and "Lost."