What Roberts Said: Move Beyond TV
- Roberts: Cable Is Still Leading the Way. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the trends in cable industry in the U.S. in 2005. Topic of the speech of Comcast Corp. chairman and CEO Brian Roberts delivered at the Cable & Telecommunication Association for Marketing summit; Revenue growth of Comcast and other multi-system operators in 2005; Comments of Roberts on...
- From Darth Vader To Yoda. Robichaux, Mark // Broadcasting & Cable;4/4/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 14, p10
Interviews cable pioneer John Malone about the television industry in the U.S. Performance of Brian Roberts as chairman and CEO of Comcast Corp.; Cable industry issues to be considered at a convention in San Francisco, California in 2005; Effect of digital video recorders on cable operators.
- Roberts' rules of order. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;11/25/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 47, p1
Profiles Brian Roberts, chief executive officer of a U.S.-based cable operator company Comcast Corp. Description of Roberts' personality; Business acumen of Roberts; Closeness of Roberts with his father; Ethics and values of Roberts.
- Brian Roberts, Comcast. Aaron, Craig // Progressive;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 78 Issue 7/8, p39
The article discusses the governance and corporate monopoly of chief executive officer (CEO) Brian Roberts of cable company and Internet service provider Comcast Corp.
- Philly's Phones: Comcast Emphasizes Telephony, HSD. // CableFAX Daily;1/10/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the message by Brian Roberts of Comcast during a Citigroup conference held in Arizona in 2006 focusing on video-on-demand and Internet telephony. Increase in Internet telephony subscription targeted by Comcast for 2006; Factor that will improve the cash flow growth of the Comcast.
- Roberts' Comments Boost VOD at Four A's. Sanders, Lisa // Television Week;3/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p53
Comments on several issues in television broadcasting addressed by Comcast CEO Brian Roberts at the American Association of Advertising Agencies Media Conference in the U.S. in 2005. Implication of the integrated capabilities of televisions and personal computers for the cable television...
- Roberts Spurs Comcast to Innovate. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;5/19/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p6
Comcast Corp. plans to including high-definition TV, video-on-demand and high-speed data. That's the message Comcast president and CEO Brian Roberts declared in his keynote address to the Society of Cable and Telecommunications Engineers' Cable-Tec Expo in the week preceding May 19, 2003.Roberts...
- Comcast Chief Gets a Salute. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;11/28/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p51
The article reports on the recognition received by Comcast for its initiative to promote diversity in the workplace. Four to six times a year, Comcast's Diversity Council meets to review what has gone right and what needs to change when it comes to ensuring diversity at the 74,000-employee...
- FROM THE PIPE. Tombes, Jonathan // Communications Technology;Jan2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p20
Considers the views of Brian Roberts, chief executive officer of Comcast, on the communications technology industry. His plans for the company; Position of Roberts on the idea of free-cash flow; Attendance at the 2003 Western Show in Anaheim, California.