Cable Operators Getting in Tune
- TECH BRIEFS. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;5/13/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p9
Reports developments related to electronic media as of May 13, 2002 in the U.S. Nature of the companion set-top box of Charter Communications; Figures of the video-on-demand subscription of Starz Encore.
- Digital video services boost cable revenue. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;8/6/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p1A
Reports on digital video and data deployment plans of Comcast Corp. and Charter Communications in 2001. Comcast's commitment to cable telephony; Second quarter 2001 revenue growth of Charter Communications; Comcast's raising of its year-end targets for digital subscribers and cable modem...
- Sites + Sounds. Garrity, Brian; Gruenwedel, Erik // Billboard;4/26/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 17, p42
Presents news briefs related to the marketing, merchandising and digital distribution of sound recordings as of April 26, 2003. FullAudio is teaming with Charter Communications to offer a three-month free trial of its new MusicNow digital service to new high-speed Internet users. Under the deal,...
- Tech Briefs. // Electronic Media;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p13
Presents news briefs on the technical development and video-on-demand markets published in November 2002 issue of the 'Electronic Media.' Plans of Charter Communications Inc. to introduce video-on-demand (VOD) to nine more markets by the end of year 2002; Launch of VODlink service by SeaChange...
- Charter Gets Aggressive With HDTV. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;6/10/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 23, p22
Reports on the marketing campaign for high-definition (HD) television from Charter Communications Inc. Rate of HD-capable Scientific Atlanta Inc. box; Accessibility of HD programming; Deployment of a variety of promotional tactics.
- Charter Pipeline Hits the Road in N.C. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p30
Reports on Charter Communications Inc.'s use of a pair of mobile vehicles to demonstrate the company's high-speed cable modem and digital cable services in the United States. Plan to perform demonstrations at home and garden shows, business expositions, malls and other retail locations.
- Use MIDI to make music with your PC. Yates, Darren // Australian PC User;Aug2003, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p72
Outlines the process of connecting music keyboard to personal computer using the Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI). Tools needed to connect the keyboard to the computer; Information on installing the cables; Future direction of the MIDI technology.
- With $1.1 Billion Sale, Charter Grabs the Limelight. R.A.; S.H. // High Yield Report;1/14/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the sale of Charter Communications Inc.'s B2/B+ rated three tranche-debt bond issue. Joint bookrunners for company; Interest in high-yield debt as investors continue to grow more confident that the U.S. is rebounding from recession; Efforts to complete digital network and introduce...
- Charter picks 3Com modems for St. Louis. // CED;Jul99, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
Reports on Charter Communications' introduction of the CableLabs Certified 3Com modem for its Saint Louis, Missouri market. Expansion of Charter's high-speed data service offering; Solution to upgrade modem system to two-way operation.