Lots of Choice, Little Tracking
- Vid biz battles competish from 'Net, games. Hanrahan, John // Variety;05/03/99, Vol. 374 Issue 11, p58
Focuses on developments related to video recordings industry in Australia as of May 3, 1999. Factors affecting the market; Increase in competition for leisure time and money of Australian consumers; Increase in pay television and Internet usage.
- Seeing Starz on the Internet. Vongo, Glen Dickson // Broadcasting & Cable;1/9/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on the launch of Vongo, a subscription television service by Starz Entertainment Group, at the Consumer Electronics Show held in Las Vegas, Nevada. A number of movies and programs will be offered through the Internet. The company does not believe that the service will impact...
- Starz' New PC Platform. Umstead, R. Thomas; Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;1/9/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p16
The article presents information on Starz Entertainment Group's Vongo subscription Internet movie and entertainment service. Vongo pledges to deliver more than 1,000 movies within Starz's premium service library, as well as current pay-per-view films over the Internet for playback on...
- Survey Sez 09/11/12. // CT Reports;9/11/2012, p1
The article reports on the survey conducted by research firm NSR indicating that digital video recording (DVR) subscribers will generate more subscription revenues for the next 10 years.
- NEW VOD MODEL MAY BE RISKY FOR STUDIOS. Sweeting, Paul // Variety;6/3/2002, Vol. 387 Issue 3, p12
Discusses the impact of the subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) business on video recording studios. Concerns on the effect of SVOD on the development of a straight video-on-demand model; Issue raised by SVOD proponents; Information on the marketing of SVOD by pay-television service.
- VONGO VOD OFFERS GOLD SERVICE TO CONSUMERS. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;6/11/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p6
Focuses on the gold version of the Vongo subscription video-on-demand service offered by Starz Entertainment Group. Features of the new service; Price of Vongo subscription.
- Starz polishes on-demand service. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/6/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 32, p3
The article reports that Starz Entertainment Group LLC unveiled a new version of its Vongo on-demand broadband entertainment service, adding programming and improvements that include higher quality and better search functions. Vongo expanded its library with the addition of more than 600...
- DVR Users Migrating to HD. // Communications Technology;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the growing number of consumers who are shifting from standard definition digital video recorders (DVRs) to high-definition (HD) DVRs, especially in the United States. IMS Research estimates that HD DVRs made up 29 percent of worldwide shipments of DVRs in 2005. The number...
- Why Consumers Say They Buy TV DVD. // Video Store Magazine;10/24/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p1
Presents a graphical representation on why consumers buy television DVD in the U.S. as of October 30, 2004. Percentage who said that they want to own it; Percentage who said they do not have cable or satellite.