Familial love, incest, and female desire in late eighteenth- and early nineteenth-century
- Sex, Power, and Community in Ousmane SembÃ¨ne's VÃ¨hi-Ciosane. Vetinde, Lifongo // Matatu: Journal for African Culture & Society;2011, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p441
Published in 1966, VÃ©hi-Ciosane is arguably one of the key texts that powerfully participates in Ousmane SembÃ¨ne's mission of critiquing his society in his writing. Despite its centrality to the writer's counter-discourse for change, the short novel has been almost wholly neglected by...
- Confessing incests: Legal erasures and literary celebrations in medieval France. Gravdal, Kathryn // Comparative Literature Studies;1995, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p280
Studies the romance as the privileged context for the exploration of incest-narratives proscribed by the Latin tradition of Canon law. Differences between narrative paradigms of male penance and forgiveness and the vernacular treatment of an abused daughter.
- The father won't `kiss' and tell. Giles, Jeff // Newsweek;4/28/1997, Vol. 129 Issue 17, p81
Informs that the father of writer Kathyrn Harrison, whom she said in her memoir `The Kiss' had an affair with her, was located. His response to the question of whether he had had an affair with his daughter.
- Adult Books: FICTION. Kaske, Michelle // Booklist;Aug2000, Vol. 96 Issue 22, p2118
Reviews the book `Louisa,' by Simone Zelitch.
- Louisa (Book Review). Towey, Cathleen A. // Library Journal;8/1/2000, Vol. 125 Issue 13, p164
Reviews the book 'Louisa,' by Simone Zelitch.
- Zola and the rites of paternity: the dedications of Le Docteur Pascal. White, Nicholas // French Studies;Jul93, Vol. 47 Issue 3, French Studies Bulletin p12
Examines the significant links between the incest narrative in Zola's `Le Doctor Pascal' with his own adulterous affair. Symbolic significance of the love affair between the title character and his niece Clotilde; Assimilation of transgressions by bourgeois ideology; Scenarios explored in...
- Father-daughter outing. Schwarzbaum, Lisa // Entertainment Weekly;3/21/97, Issue 371, p30
Examines Kathryn Harrison's autobiographical book `The Kiss' and whether or not details of her four-year affair with her father merit such public exposure. Statements from Harrison concerning her motivations for writing the book; Opinions from her husband, Colin Harrison, and her editor at...
- ISAAC. Gardinier, Suzanne // Massachusetts Review;Winter87, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p738
Presents the poem "Isaac," by Suzanne Gardinier.
- The Investigator. Block, Marylaine // Library Journal;6/1/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 10, p194
Reviews the book "The Investigator," by Richard Moore.