INFLUENCE OF OBESITY ON THE RISK OF DEVELOPING COLON CANCER
- Obesity and abdominal obesity: an alarming challenge for cardio-melabolic risk in Turkish adults. Oğuz, Aytekin; Temizhan, Ahmet; Abacı, Adnan; Kozan, Ömer; Erol, Çetin; Öngen, Zeki; Çelik, Şükrü // Anatolian Journal of Cardiology / Anadolu Kardiyoloji Dergisi;Dec2008, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p401
Objective: To assess the prevalence of obesity and abdominal obesity in Turkish adults. Methods: This is a nationally representative cross-sectional study. From both urban and rural areas of seven geographical regions of Turkey 2110 men and 2154 women with a mean age of 40.9Â±14.9 years (range...
- Breast-feeding and childhood obesity-a systematic review. Arenz, S.; Rückerl, R.; Koletzko, B.; Von Kries, R. // International Journal of Obesity & Related Metabolic Disorders;Oct2004, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p1247
OBJECTIVE: To investigate the relationship between breast-feeding and obesity in childhood. DESIGN: Systematic review and meta-analysis of published epidemiological studies (cohort, case-control or cross-sectional studies) comparing early feeding-mode and adjusting for potential confounding...
- Nutritional status and risk factors of overweight and obesity for children aged 9-15 years in Chengdu, Southwest China. Ping Li; Fan Yang; Fei Xiong; Tingzhu Huo; Yu Tong; Sufei Yang; Meng Mao // BMC Public Health;2012, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p636
Background: Obesity is widespread in the world including developing countries. However malnutrition in poor areas is still a serious problem. Few investigations, especially in a large sample, have been performed in Western area of China. This study aimed to evaluate the nutritional status of...
- Obesity: a Review of Current Perspectives. // Current Medical Literature: GH & Growth Factors;2003, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p53
Focuses on obesity perspectives. Definition; Prevalence; Sex prevalence; Co-morbidities; Pathophysiology; Genetic factors; Treatment; Surgical considerations.
- CHILDHOOD OBESITY ON THE RISE. Reece, Beth // Soldiers;Nov2003, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p39
Reports on the incidence of obesity in the United States. Prevalence of obesity; Major causes of obesity; Health hazards associated with obesity.
- Effects of diet-induced obesity on colitis-associated colon tumor formation in A/J mice. Park, S-Y; Kim, J-S; Seo, Y-R; Sung, M-K // International Journal of Obesity;Feb2012, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p273
Objective:Studies have indicated that obesity is associated with a higher risk of colorectal cancer. This study was performed to determine the effect of diet-induced obesity on the formation of azoxymethane (AOM)/dextran sodium sulfate (DSS)-induced colon tumors and to identify adiposity-related...
- Metabolic Syndrome: New Diagnosis for Being Overweight. // Medical Update;2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p5
Deals with the increasing number of U.S. patients experiencing a condition called metabolic syndrome in April 2005. List of risk factors for the etiology of the syndrome; Impact of metabolic syndrome on the development of heart diseases and diabetes; Association of metabolic syndrome with obesity.
- Postoperative Complications in Obese and Non-obese Patients. Escallon, Jaime // World Journal of Surgery;Mar2007, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p561
The article focuses on the significance of recognizing obesity as a risk factor for complications. Recognition of this is important because it shows that the application of a common approach to every patient may not be adequate. It was found that patients with clean wounds have a higher rate of...
- Nadwaga, otyÅ‚oÅ›Ä‡ i cechy zespoÅ‚u metabolicznego u dzieci z cukrzycÄ… typu 1. Łuczyński, Włodzimierz; Szypowska, Agnieszka; Bossowski, Artur; Ramotowska, Anna; Rećko, Przemysław; Rembińska, Małgorzata; Tercjak, Magdalena; Blecharczyk, Bernadetta; Lachowska, Urszula; Suchoń, Paweł; Wiśniewska, Karolina; Bernatowicz, Paweł; Głowińska-Olszewska, Barbara // Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism;2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p83
Introduction: Obesity can be an additional risk factor for developing cardiovascular diseases in patients with diabetes. Aim of the study was the assessment of overweight, obesity and other elements of the metabolic syndrome in children with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Material and methods: 300...