- Making headway. Shone, Emma // Commercial Motor;10/13/2016, Vol. 226 Issue 5709, p14
The article discusses the need of the Department for Transport (DfT) to allow longer semi-trailers to run on the roads in Great Britain. It states that longer semi-trailers are safe to drive on the British roads. It mentions that the trucking industry should properly trial the longer...
- DON'T REST M17 TO DEATH. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Apr2011, Issue 701, p24
The article offers maintenance procedures and tips for military personnel in safe handling while operating the M17-series decons.
- Trailer-Loading Made Easy. MELOCCO, HEIDI; GOODNIGHT, JULIE // Hitch Up!;Spring2014, p10
The article offers suggestions on loading a horse in a trailer. It provides information on the equipment and help needed and preparing for good trailer footing. The article suggests to make forward the only option for the horse, to be patient while allowing horse to enter the trailer, and to...
- Ontario considers bill to allow longer highway trailers. // Traffic World;8/9/93, Vol. 235 Issue 6, p26
Reports on the consideration by Ontario of allowing 53-foot trailers on provincial highways. Legislation on longer single trailers and trailer combinations; Five-year lobbying effort by Ontario Trucking Association and other groups; Savings in transportation costs.
- Trailer Access Is The Last Frontier. Williams, Mike // Food Logistics;3/15/2006, Issue 84, p32
The article focuses on the importance of trailer access to food service companies. Trailer access, the ability to get products into and out of the trailer without damage, quickly and safely, may be the last unexploited frontier in achieving scale savings from existing truck and trailer assets.
- Rockford Adding SUVs to Reduce Engine Costs (with Related Video). // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;11/ 2/2011, p1
The article reports that the Rockford, Illinois, Fire Department is buying four new sport utility vehicles (SUV) to respond to emergencies. It is mentioned that this purchase will help department in saving 20 thousand dollars in 2012. It is also mentioned that currently the department is having...
- Marathon madness. ROSE ROBERTS, MARY // Fire Chief;Jun2013, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p42
The article presents the views of district chief of the Boston Fire Department's Office of Field Services on the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing. He states that the city and regional preplans helped first responders quickly transport victims to area hospitals. He also informs that the fire...
- Got byproducts? Mitchell, Shelby O. // Public Works;Jul2012, Vol. 143 Issue 8, p48
The article presents information on Denver, Colorado-based firm called repurposed MATERIALS Inc., that specializes in recycling old materials from municipal, industrial, and commercial sources, and finding creative new ways to reuse them. In addition to saving the environment, repurposed...
- NEW PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY. // Waste & Recycling News;2/2/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p17
The article evaluates Mac extruded aluminum bottom rail from Mac Trailer and radiological decontamination solution DeconGel 1101 from Cellular Bioengineering Inc.
- UK will experiment with longer trucks. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2011, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p16
The article reports on the plan of Great Britain's Department for Transport to allow the use of longer trailers on a trial basis.