Can Nasser Take it All?
- A Tale of Two Autocrats. // Time;3/26/1965, Vol. 85 Issue 13, p37
The article presents the profile of the two Egyptian leaders, King Farouk, and President Gamal Abdel Nasser. It mentions the sordid life experienced by King Farouk after he exiled from Egypt to Rome, Italy, where he lived in a wasteful life, up to his death due to heart attack. Meanwhile, it...
- New Republic. // Time;6/29/1953, Vol. 61 Issue 26, p27
The article reports on the declaration of Egypt as a republic in July 1953, after the ouster of King Farouk by Major General Mohammed Naguib. The event ended the 5,000-year rule of pharaohs, kings and preconsuls in the country. The people elected Naguib as the first premier and president of the...
- After a Decade. // Time;7/27/1962, Vol. 80 Issue 04, p22
The article mentions the tenth anniversary of the revolution led by Gamal Abdel Nasser in Egypt.
- Celebration. // Time;8/5/1957, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the week-long holiday celebrations for the 5th anniversary of President Gamal Abdel Nasser's revolution along with the 1st anniversary of the Suez Canal seizure in Cairo and Alexandria, Egypt. It highlights the Soviet-delivered submarine in Alexandria and a military parade...
- Farouk: The Playboy King. Zinder, Harry // Saturday Evening Post;4/29/1950, Vol. 222 Issue 44, p36
Profiles King Farouk of Egypt. Efforts of the king to study military science upon accepting the throne; Relationship of Farouk with his sister Fawzia, the former Queen of Iran; Information on his marriage with the daughter of judge of the Court of Appeals.
- THE WEEK. // New Republic;5/16/60, Vol. 142 Issue 20, p1
Presents information on social and political issues in several countries. Information related to the foreign intelligence operations conducted by the U.S. Statement that those farm programs that are based on reducing farm output have been given a long, thorough and expensive trial over the past...
- The violent and vital world of Nasser. Sherrod, Robert // Saturday Evening Post;5/25/1963, Vol. 236 Issue 20, p17
Presents information on riots and revolts sweeping the lands of Middle East. Details of Gamal Abdel Nasser as the president of Egypt; Information on Nasser who drove the Crusaders from Jerusalem in the 12th century; Details of Nasser's economy so that outside help will no longer be necessary.
- Mr President's Circus. Abouissa, Mona // Middle East;May2011, Issue 422, p59
The article focuses on the sad reality faced by performers who work in the State Circus established by Gamal Abdel Nasser in Egypt. These performers were experts, travelled abroad and won medals until the regime of Hosni Mubarak, who lost interest and cut funding for international tours. It...
- Nasser, Moscow and Lebanon. // America;5/31/1958, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p280
The article reflects on the visit of United Arab Republic President Gamal Abdul Nasser to Soviet Russia and its relation to the revolt in Lebanon in 1958. President Nasser was able to secure agreements with the Soviet during his visit. It is said that the President Nasser had achieved its...