Taking the measure of a river
- ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION (SECONDARY). Stockley, Laura // Environmental Education;Summer2007, Vol. 85, p30
The article examines the secondary environmental education at Kingswood School, England, from a student's perspective. Eco-Schools is not about acting now for the benefit of the youth, but acting now for the benefit of future children. The student cited that eco-schools is an international...
- News and Events. // Clearing;Winter2005/2006, Issue 119, p4
The article presents an update on issues related to regional environmental education community in the U.S. as of December 2005. The Environmental Education Association of Oregon was recognized as the outstanding affiliate of the North American Association for Environmental Education on October...
- Granny knew best! Liftig, Inez // Science Scope;Jan2007, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
The article shares the author's insights concerning her grandmother who grew up poor in the hills of East Kentucky. Because of this, her grandmother quickly learned to respect, protect, and make use of what nature had to offer. Her grandmother said that spraying insecticides to kill the bean and...
- Children and Young People's Experience of the Natural World: Teachers' Perceptions and Observations. F�gerstam, Emilia // Australian Journal of Environmental Education;Jul2012, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
This study explores the observations and perceptions of environmental education centre officers and teachers regarding children's experiences with nature. The study also explores the officers' and teachers' perceptions of the potential of using nature experiences in environmental education. A...
- RETHINKING THE LOCAL-GLOBAL LINKS IN GRASSROOTS ENVIRONMENTAL ADULT EDUCATION. Guevara, Jose Roberto // Convergence;2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p74
Presents a study on the experience of the Center for Environmental Concerns-Philippines (CEC) in developing grassroots environmental education. How organizational context affects the education module design of CEC; Progressive contextualization of CEC; Insights on the practice of CEC.
- A bountiful education. Herschtal, Annette // Chain Reaction;Fall99, Issue 78, p21
Cites the initiatives undertaken by the CERES Community Environmental Park in Brunswick, Victoria, to develop environmental and cultural education. Significance of experiential education in environmental and cultural education; Range of programs at CERES.
- Strengthening the place for the 'E' in SOSE within schools. Lang, Josephine R. // Ethos P-6;2000 Term 3, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1
Discusses some of the initiatives in Australia which aimed to strengthen the Studies of Society and Environment in the country. Definition of environmental education (EE); Elements of EE; Ways of teaching EE.
- Building Partnerships For Nature. Thacker, Paul // Audubon;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 102 Issue 6, p111
Focuses on the Dungeness River Audubon Center, an environmental education center established by several environmental groups in the Olympic Peninsula, Washington. History of the environmental classes since the 1980s; How the land was acquired; Focus of the educational classes.
- Texas Rewrites Ecotexts. // Alternatives Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the environmental education focus of the conservatives in Texas. Restriction of urban sprawl; Issuance of warning against environmental crisis; Revision of the science textbooks.