Low-dose aspirin did not prevent cancer in healthy women
- Aspirin that eases pain and inflammation without side effects. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on COX-2, an aspirin-like compound that blocks the enzyme contributing to inflammation, developed by researchers at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. How COX-2 works; Side effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs; How COX-2 helps people with arthritis; Availability...
- Modulations in the intestinal disaccharide hydrolases and membrane dynamics: Effect of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs aspirin and nimesulide. Naveen Kaushal; S. Sanyal // Molecular & Cellular Biochemistry;Jan2007, Vol. 294 Issue 1, p107
Abstract??The present study was designed to evaluate the influence of two commonly prescribed non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), aspirin and nimesulide on the biochemical composition and membrane dynamics of rat intestine. Female Wistar rats were divided into three different...
- Aspirin/aluminium glycinate/magnesium carbonate/benzodiazepines/imipramine overdose and interaction. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2014, Vol. 1528 Issue 1, p33
The article presents a case study of a 61-year-old woman who ingested large volumes of aspirin/aluminium glycinate/magnesium carbonate, etizolam, imipramine, nitrazepam and triazolam developed a prolonged aspirin half-life and disturbances in consciousness.
- Aspirin/ibuprofen. // Reactions Weekly;6/22/2013, Issue 1458, p9
The article describes the case of a 38-year-old man who experienced a blended-type aspirin/non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) sensitivity reaction while receiving aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Aspirin/nonsteroidal anti-inflammatories. // Reactions Weekly;2/28/2009, Issue 1241, p12
The article presents a case study of a man who had outbreaks of urticaria after taking aspirin and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). The patient had a history of chronic idiopathic urticaria. He underwent aspirin desensitisation and was required to take cetirizine for mild urticarial...
- Aspirin. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2015, Vol. 1567 Issue 1, p37
The article presents case report of a patient who developed oesophageal haematoma following aspirin treatment.
- Inappropriate Prevention of NSAID-Induced Gastrointestinal Events Among Long-Term Users in the Elderly. Lanas, Angel; Ferrandez, Angel // Drugs & Aging;2007, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p121
Although use of NSAIDs and aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is well known to be associated with gastrointestinal (GI) complications and potential mortality, these medications continue to be widely prescribed in the elderly. Age is a significant risk factor for NSAID-induced GI events; indeed,...
- Dutch study reveals high rate of NSAID use in at-risk patients. Mayor, Susan // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Aug2013, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p431
The article focuses on a Dutch study that showed that one in eight patients at risk of developing a serious adverse drug event with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is consuming it often to treat musculoskeletal complaint.
- The Best Treatment Options for Your Painful Knees. // Healthy Years;Mar2014, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p4
The article suggests the best treatment options for knee pain. These include over-the-counter nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin, ibuprofen and other analgesics. Another alternatives recommended include weight loss, viscosupplementation and exercise therapy. Also...