THE SIFF SQUAT
- Build holistic strength. Leitao, Deckline // Men's Health India;Apr2014, p18
The article discusses tips for strengthening muscles that are used for squatting. It notes the benefit of doing squat exercises for developing overall body strength. It cites the use of the Inhibit Lengthen Activate Integrate (ILAI) approach to ensure the balanced strengthening and movement of...
- HIGH-BAR VS. LOW-BAR SQUAT. Waxman, Sean // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul2007, Vol. 68 Issue 7, p64
This article discusses weight training techniques. The article examines the benefits of performing the high-bar squat as opposed to the low-bar squat exercise, and notes that barbell placement in squat exercises should depend on body type. A chart is also presented listing various body types and...
- Leg it Out. Sandler, David // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;May2010, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p201
The article offers suggestions for various exercises of legs with the help of squat.
- YOU DON'T KNOW SQUAT. O'HEARN, MIKE // Muscle & Fitness;Feb2014, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p50
The article presents the author's views on including squatting in his leg workout program.
- The Front Squat Solution. Orlando, Rob // Muscle & Fitness;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p78
The article focuse on adding the front squat to routine for legs-and the rest of the physique.
- PU MP THE PRIMED PROTOCOL. Barr, David // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Mar2010, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p90
The article discusses the two types of training that aim to build muscles. These are heavy-load training and high-rep training. It states that training heavy makes muscles grow since the body wants to strengthen these muscles and minimize damage. Heavy-Load Training, which strengthen muscles and...
- WARM UP TO A NEW IDEA. Fitzgerald, Rob // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Nov2010, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p66
The article discusses the importance of comprehensive dynamic warm-up before starting one's workout routines. According to Nate Winkler, co-owner of Juggernaut Training Systems in Laguna Hills, California, dynamic warm-up is important to prepare the muscles for more complex movements and...
- INTRA- AND INTERRATER RELIABILITY OF THE ESTABLISHMENT OF ONE REPETITION MAXIMUM ON SQUAT AND SEATED KNEE EXTENSION. Tagesson, Sofi K. B.; Kvist, Joanna // Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research (Allen Press Publish;Aug2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p801
The purpose of the present study was to develop a systematic procedure for the establishment of 1 repetition maximum (1RM) in order to describe an easily accessible test procedure that is applicable for physical therapists and athletic trainers who manage strength training for healthy...
- The "no squat" solution. Hyson, Sean // Men's Fitness;Mar2015, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p36
The article discusses the benefits of single-leg exercises for weight lifters who cannot perform barbell back squat due to injury to inability to execute properly. It notes that one-leg training can provide an alternate path to stronger, more athletic legs. Los Angeles, California trainer Ben...