Buyers Get Creative For Toys 'R' Us
- TRU stockholders approve $6.6 billion merger. // Home Textiles Today;7/11/2005 Kids Today Supplement, p25
Reports that stockholders of Toys "R" Us Inc. have approved plans for the company to be acquired by a private investment group. Composition of the group by Bain Capital Partners LLC, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., and Vornado Realty Trust; Valuation of the merger at 6.6 billion-dollars.
- Toys "R" Us to be sold to investment group. // Display & Design Ideas;May2005, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that Toys "R" Us Inc. has reached a definitive agreement to sell the entirety of its worldwide operations, including both its global Toys "R" Us and Babies "R" Us businesses, to an investment group. The investment group consists of affiliates of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co.,...
- TRU sale nears 'close' Weiskott, Maria // Playthings;Jul2005, Vol. 103 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the acquisition of Toys "R" Us Inc. by an investment group comprised of Bain Capital Inc., Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Vornado Realty Trust in the U.S. Terms of the agreement; Objective of the acquisition; Comments of TRU CEO and chairman John Eyler on the move.
- The Toys "R" Us Debt Explosion. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p16
Reports on the likelihood for shareholders of toy retailer, Toys "R" Us Inc., to approve on the proposed takeover by buyout firms Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Bain Capital Partners LLC and real estate company, Vornado Realty Trust in the U.S. Amount involved in the deal; Concerns about the...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // In-Store;Apr2005, p15
Presents news briefs on international retail trade as of April 2005. Acquisition of Toys R Us by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts, Bain Capital and Vornado Realty Trust; Plan of Carrefour to sell its assets in Japan and Mexico; Stores that will be opened by Land of Leather in the Republic of Ireland.
- KKR sweeps in to save Toys 'R' Us-and U.S. toy business. Desjardins, Doug // DSN Retailing Today;3/28/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p3
Reports on a consortium of investors led by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts' (KKR) acquisition of the toy company, Toys "R" Us. Value of the deal; Joint venture between KKR, Bain Capital Partners and Vornado Realty Trust; Overview on retail investments of KKR.
- 'R' Toys No Longer Us? Misonzhnik, Elaine // National Real Estate Investor;May2013, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p33
The article offers information on the private equity players Bain Capital LLC and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. regarding their plans to sell out its dedicated toy and juvenile-products retail business Toys 'R' Us Inc. Toys 'R' Us Inc. does have some advantages over its peers in other big-box...
- Buying the Whole Box Of Toys. // Chain Store Age;Apr2005, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the acquisition of Toys "R" US by Bain Capital Partners, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Vornado Realty Trust. Reasons for the acquisition of the company; Cost of the acquisition; Impact of the acquisition on the business operations of the company.
- HANDING OVER THE KEYS TO TOYLAND. // njbiz;3/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the sale of Toys "R" Us toy seller company to an investment group made up of Vornado Realty Trust, Bain Capital Partners and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts in the U.S. in March 2005. Factors attributed to the move; Number of Toy "R" Us stores expected to close and sell off by the investment...