Duke and Cinergy Sput Utility M&A
- EAT OR BE EATEN? Schimmoller, Brian K. // Power Engineering;Jun2005, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p5
Presents an article on the impact of mergers and acquisitions in the power generation industry. Projected annual sales of the merger of Duke Energy and Cinergy; Statement from Gary Hunt, president of Global Energy Advisors, on Duke's acquisition of Cinergy; Reason on the disaggregation of the...
- Duke/Cinergy Merger A Tale Of Two Men. Freedenthal, Carol // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 232 Issue 7, p14
This article discusses the definitive merger agreement signed between two large energy companies, Duke Energy Corp. and Cinergy Corp, to form an even bigger company. What were previously two regional gas and electric utility companies will now be one nationwide powerhouse. Paul M. Anderson,...
- CINERGY AND DUKE ENERGY AGREE TO MERGE. // Coal Age;May2005, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p14
Reports on the merger agreement entered into by Cinergy and Duke Energy in May 2005 to create an energy company. Terms of the agreement; Personnel changes to be made upon the completion of the merger; Significance of the merger to the companies.
- NEWS REEL. // Pipeline & Gas Journal;Jun2005, Vol. 232 Issue 6, p2
Reports developments on the energy industry in the U.S. Award received by Maretta Tubb of Oildom Publishing Co.; Schedule of the Annual National Gas Rodeo; Merger agreement between Cinergy Corp. and Duke Energy Corp.
- Cinergy to be acquired by largest U.S. utility company. Donhardt, Tracy // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/16/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p31
Reports that Cincinnati, Ohio-based Cinergy Corp. has agreed to be purchased by Indianapolis, Indiana-based Duke Energy Corp. in May 2005.
- UTILITIES Electric merger won't Jolt Pashos. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/9/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p11
The article reports the PSI Energy Inc. president Kay E. Pashos will stay after the merger of the electric utility and parent Cinergy Corp. to Duke Energy Corp. Former PSI president Douglas Esamann is to head strategy and planning for Duke's franchised gas and electronic operations. Duke's...
- Utility customers to receive, millions of dollars in credits. O'Malley, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p5
The article reports that PSI Energy Inc. has filed a preliminary settlement with Indiana's utility consumer counselor to settle its ratepayers problems due to the merger of parent Cinergy Corp. and Duke Energy. The filings made from both sides with the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission have...
- Duke to drop PSI moniker. // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the possible merger of Cinergy Corp. with Duke Energy Corp. Majority of shareholders of Cinergy voted in favor of the deal. Cinergy's PSI Energy unit has 750,000 electric customers in Indiana. The merged company will be known as Duke Energy. Meanwhile, Citizens Action...
- GROUNDED. Martin, Edward // Business North Carolina;Dec2005, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p38
The article features Duke Energy. The company will have $70.5 billion worth of assets after its merger with Cinergy Corp. is completed. CEO and chairman Paul Anderson is claimed to have the capability to identify problems. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 could affect the consolidation of Duke...