Japanese M&A Will Never Be the Same
- Major Changes Underway in Banking Industry. // Economy, Culture & History Japan Spotlight Bimonthly;Nov/Dec2004, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the planned merger between UFJ Holdings and Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group (MTFG) in Japan in October 2005. Aim of a reorganization in the banking industry; Reasons behind the merger strategy of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group (SMFG); Actions taken by SMFG on its bid to acquire UFJ.
- Mitsubishi Tokyo to Acquire UFJ. // American Banker;2/22/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 35, p20
States Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group Inc. will purchase UFJ Holdings Inc. Details of the $29 million stock deal; The amount of assets held by the two banking companies; Financial data for rival company, Citigroup Inc.; The bid placed by Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. for UFJ in August.
- deals of the year. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p30
Presents a list of the winners of the Breakthrough Deals of the Year Awards for 2005 of "Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealmaker's Journal." Acquisition of UFJ Financial Holdings by Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group; Joseph Perella, former investment banking chairman of Morgan Stanley;...
- Big Japan Banks Closer to Deal. Dow Jones // American Banker;8/12/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 155, p20
Reports that in a step toward creating the world's largest banking group, Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group Inc. agreed to provide billions in capital to the cash-strapped UFJ holdings Inc. by the end of September 2004. Details of the basic merger agreement.
- Are Japanese Set to Make A New Run on U.S. Banks? Monks, Matthew // American Banker;1/26/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 14, p2
The article discusses Japanese conglomerate Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc.'s deals to buy a five percent stake in Moelis & Co. investment bank and to acquire Royal Bank of Scotland Group PLC's aircraft leasing unit.
- Merrill in Talks with Mitsubishi Tokyo. Dow Jones // American Banker;3/7/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 44, p23
Reports that Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group Inc. and Merrill Lynch & Co.'s Japanese unit are in talks about merging their private banking operations. Discussion regarding the formation of a 50-50 joint venture that would offer investment products such as hedge funds and private equity...
- RBS AVIATION TO BE ACQUIRED BY JAPANESE COMPANIES FOR $7.3 BILLION. // Air Transport World;Feb2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that RBS Aviation Capital, a leasing division of the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), will be acquired by Japanese companies, Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. (SMFB), and Sumitomo Corp. (SC) for 7.3 billion dollars.
- GE, Sumitomo To Discuss Sale Of Japan Leasing Unit. BILL PETERS // Investors Business Daily;11/13/2015, p00
The article focuses on the move of General Electric Co. to enter discussions with Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group to offload its leasing business in Japan. General Electric is considering selling its leasing unit, as part of a broader effort to focus on industrial businesses. Other information...
- Noted AND Noteworthy. // U.S. Banker;Aug2005, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p18
Reports developments related to the financial institutions in the U.S. Issuance of warning by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. against Internet banking fraud; Approval of the shareholders of Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group Inc. and UFJ Holdings of the former's acquisition of UFJ; Need for...