AMC Takes Advantage Of Fronthy Loan Market
- AMC, Loews mull merger. // Daily Variety;11/19/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 34, p2
Details the talks between AMC Entertainment and Loews Cineplex about a merger with a goal of reaching a preliminary agreement by the end of 2003. Significance of the merger on the company's reputation with film studios; Background information on the merging companies.
- CONSOLIDATION FEVER. // Film Journal International;Jun2002, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the consolidation in the motion picture theater industry in the U.S. Details of the controlling interest taken by Onex in Loews Cineplex Entertainment; Acquisition of General Cinemas and Gulf States Theatres by AMC Entertainment; Rumors of a merger involving Cinemark Theatres.
- AMC, Loews drop curtain on merger. Diorio, Carl // Daily Variety;1/23/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 19, p1
Reports on the cancellation of the merger agreement between AMC Entertainment Inc. and Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. in Los Angeles, California. Disclosure on the reason behind the cancellation; Obstacles in working out a merger agreement; Details on the ownership structure of AMC.
- AMC, Loews toast merger completion. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;1/27/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 20, p6
The article reports on the completion of the merger of AMC Entertainment Inc. and Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. in the U.S. The merged company operates 4,431 motion picture theaters across the country. It appointed Peter Brown as president of the new company. Moreover, it will use AMC...
- CIRCUIT MASTER. Galloway, Stephen // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/14/2006, Vol. 393 Issue 27, p27
The article states that, as the exhibition sector braces for a digital cinema rollout, AMC Entertainment Inc. hopes to lure audiences back to the movies with quality service and state-of-the-art facilities. More that four decades after its creation, AMC Entertainment finds itself at a...
- AMC AND LOEWS TO MERGE. Dinglasan, Francesca // Boxoffice;Aug2005, Vol. 141 Issue 8, p37
Reports on the merger plans of AMC Entertainment and Loews Cineplex Entertainment. Terms of agreement; Benefits from the merger.
- CROSSED CIRCUITS. Snyder, Gabriel // Daily Variety;6/22/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 58, p1
Reports on the merger between AMC Entertainment Inc. and Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. in Los Angeles, California. Implications for the agreement; Name of the merger; Location of the corporate headquarters.
- AMC and Loews Cineplex announce merger. // Display & Design Ideas;Aug2005, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p7
The article reports that AMC Entertainment Inc., Kansas City, Missouri and Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp., New York, the No. 2 and No. 3 movie theater chains respectively, have entered a definitive merger agreement. Peter Brown, AMC chairman, CEO and president, will remain in his role in the...
- Corrections. // Daily Variety;1/4/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 2, p4
Several corrections were presented regarding the previous articles including the exact value of the gross income of the film "Wicked," name of the person in the photo of Back Lot column and the exact informations regarding the merging of Loews Cineplex Entertainment Corp. and AMC Corp.