Equity Underwriting Seen Rebounding in '06
- Cutting costs not enough. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;6/7/2004, p29
Focuses on the financial performance of the Investec company. Need for the company to improve its cost-to-income ratio and return on equity (RoE) to gain its recovery; Plan of the company to cut its cost to income and RoE in 2004; Factors that could contribute to investment banking profits;...
- Follow The Leaders: Watch Out For Best Stocks In Top Industries. SCOTT STODDARD // Investors Business Daily;8/18/2015, pB04
The article discusses the market leaders in top-tier sectors in the U.S. Topics include the characteristics of the market leaders including their strong revenue growth and profit, solid support from various groups and possess abilities in providing innovative products. Also emphasized is the...
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of Shrinking New Issue Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
Municipal bonds were stronger in early action, according to traders, with yields on some maturities weakening by as much as five basis points.
- Munis Strengthen Ahead of $2.1B New Issue Calendar. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
Municipal bonds were stronger at mid-session, according to traders, as yields on some top-shelf maturities weakened by as much as five basis points.
- Friday's Data. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34425, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 101 4/32 to yield 2.12, up 10/3230-year: 102 21/32 to yield 2.87, up 23/32 Municipal BondIndex 127 8/32, up 12/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 12/14) Total: $4.323 billion, up $430.2 millionCompetitive: $1.369 billion, up $723.7...
- GOVERNMENTS AND MUNICIPALS. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Sep70, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p14
Provides information on the trends in the U.S. bond market as of September 1970. Effect of inflation and economic strength on the bond market; Influence of corporate and tax-exempt offerings on the market; Information on Treasury financing.
- Munis Weaken, Down 5-6 Basis Points. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/22/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33046, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond markets as of January 21, 2009 in the U.S. The municipal market was weaker compared with the previous day. A trader in Los Angeles said that municipal bonds were pretty much just picking up where they left off yesterday. In addition,...
- Munis Slightly Firmer in Light Secondary. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/19/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33251, p2
The article reports that the municipal market was slightly firmer amidst light secondary trading in the U.S. According to traders, tax-exempt yields were lower for two or three basis points. It states that the yield on the benchmark 10-year note opens at 3.74% and was quoted near the end of the...
- High Yield Bonds Stay Hot in August. // Leveraged Finance News;9/3/2012, Vol. 2 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the growth of high yield bonds in the U.S. in August 2012. The report of Moody's Investors Service Inc. showed that bond issuers brought $33,1 billion in high yield market. It also relates that Community Health Systems Inc.'s $1.6 billion bond was the largest deal in the...