US PE Shops Look North for Deals
- Helping Middle-Market Companies Survive the Middle-Child Syndrome. Jesenik, Robert // Secured Lender;May/Jun2007, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p18
The article presents information on middle-market companies in the U.S. They are businesses that have annual revenues of $10 million to $500 million. Many alternative investment firms capitalize on the opening of the private equity market to individual investors to meet the demand of...
- Focus on the United States: Hawaii, Nevada and Northern California. Jones, Dennis; Jones, Sandi // Export Wise;Summer2008, p24
The article explores the three American states that represent many opportunities for Canadian exporters and investors. It is stated that Nevada and Hawaii support economies that are much smaller than Northern California's, and buy modest quantities of Canadian goods. Nevada has imported about $1...
- HOW TO COURT A BANKER. // Entrepreneur;Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p47
The article provides tips for business enterprise managers or owners in the U.S. on what to prepare when doing a transaction with a banker to prevent misstep.
- The Buyside. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar2015, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on activist investors focusing more on middle-market companies in the U.S.
- THE EFFECTS OF BOARD STRUCTURE ON MEDIA COMPANIES' PERFORMANCE: A STAKEHOLDER PERSPECTIVE. Guosong Shao // Journal of Media Business Studies (Journal of Media Business Stu;2010, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p1
This article examined the effects of board structure of American media companies on their performance from a stakeholder perspective. Results showed that both the level of board interlocks and the proportion of non-independent directors on the board were positively associated with corporate...
- Big-name firms willing to cut fees to raise capital. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;8/8/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 16, p2
The article reports that several big firms in the U.S. including BC Partners Ltd., Providence Equity Partners LLC and Bain Capital LLC are willing to reduce fees to raise their capital. As stated, BC Partners is offering fee discounts to investors committing capital. It reports that Providence...
- Startups and Funding. Varshneya, Rahul // India Currents;Apr2015, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p22
The article discusses various issues related to business startup finance in the U.S. Topics discussed include the role of angel investors and friends, family and fools investors in funding during the first stage of a startup, and funding of startups from venture capital or private equity firms,...
- New registrations: Equity/non-shelf. // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/02/98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p28
Presents information on new registrations by firms in the United States from February 19, 1998 to February 26, 1998 in equity/non-shelf.
- New issues: Equity. // Investment Dealers' Digest;03/02/98, Vol. 64 Issue 9, p29
Presents information on new issues by firms in the United States for equity from February 19, 1998 to February 26, 1998.