Private Equity Party Rolls On
- Networks and equity market integration: European evidence. Hasan, Iftekhar; Schmiedel, Heiko // International Review of Financial Analysis;2004, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p601
Deregulation, globalization, and technological developments have altered the business strategies of stock exchanges around the world. We investigate whether the adoption of network strategies by stock exchanges creates additional value in the provision of trading services. Using unbalanced panel...
- RIGONAL ROUNDUP. // Asia Weekly;8/4/2008, Vol. 2 Issue 30, p26
The article offers business news briefs in Asia. The London Stock Exchange (LSE) reveals its plans to set up a market together with the Tokyo Stock Exchange while the Jasdaq Securities Exchange reports a net loss in the second quarter due to low investor interest. The Hong Kong Exchanges and...
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: FIGs. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/17/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 24, p20
Presents a graph and several charts depicting finances in the investment banking in the U.S. as of June 2002. Business reorganization of Citigroup; Details on the charges filed against Alan Bond by a brokerage firm; Changes made to the commodities market of Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
- With market in a nosedive, investment banks hit first. Elstein, Aaron // American Banker;9/14/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 175, p33
Reports that due to the continued turmoil of the stock market, investment banks in the United States are expected to follow the market. Reference to market rumors about Lehman Brothers Holding company; Percentage decline average od shares for twenty four securities firms; Increase of Standard...
- Nigeria's stock exchange is reviewing applications from some leading global investment banks. // African Business News;4/23/2013, p23
The article reports on the move of the stock exchange of Nigeria to review applications from investment banks to participate in its trading floor in 2013.
- In brief. // BRW;12/11/95, Vol. 17 Issue 48, International Business... p8
Reports that Malaysia's Commerce International, Merchant Bankers Bhd and Singapore's OCBC Asset management Ltd have launched Malaysia's first unit trust to invest in bonds. Open-ended 100 million ringgit fund; Investment in fixed-income securities listed in the Kuala Lumpur stock Exchange,...
- Everyone wants to be an investment banker. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/18/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p40
Focuses on the growth of investment banking in Egypt and its implications on the Egyptian stock exchanges. Number of investors in 1996; Market leaders in the investment banking category; Increased competition in the new business sector; Stock exchange turnover from 1992 to 1997.
- Wall Street's Dark Corners. Coolidge, Carrie // Forbes Global;5/26/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p52
Reports on the investment business of Mitchell Partners in the Pink Sheets, a place for U.S.-traded companies that are not required to file financial reports with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. Average annual return for investments claimed by the company; Advantages in...
- OWNERSHIP TYPE AND COMPANY PERFORMANCE: EMPIRICAL STUDIES IN THE INDONESIAN STOCK EXCHANGE. Soejono, Fransiska // Journal of Indonesian Economy & Business;Sep2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p338
This study is aimed to test the difference in performance among companies with various types of ownership (foreign, state, and private) on a sample of 206 companies listed in ISE (Indonesian Stock Exchange) between 1999-2006 resulting in 795 company-year observations. The ANCOVA model and...