Georgia & the Carolinas
- Company Getaways. McKimmie, Kathy // Indiana Business Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p41
Recommends hotels and convention facilities in Indiana. Indian Oak Resort & Spa in Chesterton; Goshen Inn & Conference Center; Story Inn and Village; The Fort in Indianapolis; Navigan Meetings and Incentives in Carmel.
- New Marriott Boosts Hartford. // Lodging Hospitality;7/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the construction of the Hartford Marriott Downtown hotel and Connecticut Convention Center in the U.S. Value of the hotel; Remarks from Waterford Group chairman Len Wolman on the buildings; Designer of the hotel.
- ADAM'S MARK DALLAS BRINGS NEW MEANING TO TEXAS-SIZED. // Association Management;May2004 Supplement, Vol. 56, p10
Features the Adam's Mark Dallas, the largest meetings hotel in Texas. Size of the meeting space of the hotel; Service facilities of the hotel; Room amenities.
- MORE FACILITIES, SAME TROPICAL APPEAL. // Association Management;May2004 Supplement, Vol. 56, p15
Features the Galveston Island Convention Center at the San Luis Resort Hotel in Galveston, Texas. Size of the two-level convention center; Service facilities offered at the center; Meetings-related technology offered at the center's meeting and exhibit space.
- San Diego Boasts SoCal's Biggest Hotel. Brewer, Barbara L. // Association Meetings;Oct2003, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p69
Provides information on hotels and convention facilities in the U.S. Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego in California; Virginia Beach Convention Center; Greater Richmond Convention Center in Virginia; Amarillo Civic Center in Texas.
- The Midwest. Koski, Jennifer // Association Meetings;Aug2005, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p49
Features several convention facilities in the midwest. McCormick Place West Building in Chicago, Illinois; Sofitel Chicago Water Tower in Illinois; Conrad Hotel Indianapolis in Indiana; DeVos Place in Michigan. INSETS: Phantom Planner;Special Venues.
- NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY. Miele, Helena J. // Association Meetings;Feb2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p65
The article presents updates on the hospitality industry in New York and New Jersey. The Plaza reopened with 282 rooms and private residencies achieved a record price of $6,500 per square foot. It has 15,000 square feet of meeting space and seven meeting rooms. Three major meeting hotels,...
- NEW YORK & NEW JERSEY/FACILITIES UPDATE. // Association Meetings;Feb2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p66
The article presents updates on the hospitality industry in New York and New Jersey. The Empire Hotel reopened with 413 rooms and meeting space for 250. Guest rooms at New York Marriott East Side were renovated and a fitness center was added on the 35th floor. A hotel tower will be developed by...
- NEW ENGLAND: The home of Pilgrims' pride (and for good reason). Shalhoub, Susan // BusinessWest;9/26/2011 Supplement, p6
The article focuses on the tourist attractions as destination for business meetings or corporate conferences in New England. The author considers New England as the birthplace of America since the place possess most of the continent's history. She discusses the food service which Maine and...