In a New York Minute
- Videoconferencing in the Field: A Heuristic Processing Model. Ferran, Carlos; Watts, Stephanie // Management Science;Sep2008, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p1565
This research uses dual-process cognitive theory to describe how people process information differently when it is delivered via videoconference rather than when it is delivered face-to-face. According to this theory, relative to face-to-face communication, people in videoconferences tend to be...
- should you GO VIDEO?. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Jan2002, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p59
Discusses the considerations in turning a live meeting into a videoconference. Information on how teleportation works; Things to consider when holding a satellite videoconference; Description of tele-immersion.
- Delegate Driven. Baker, Glenn // New Zealand Management;Apr2003, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p48
Presents suggestions for making successful management seminars in New Zealand. Common error committed by organizers of seminars; Nature and style of business conferences; Impact of videoconferencing on company meetings.
- Select a video conferencing company. // Business News New Jersey;02/08/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, pS8
Provides tips to small business owners on how to select a video conferencing company for their business meeting needs. Reasons why video conferencing may be called for as your company grows; Limitations to the desktop system-based video conferencing; Estimated cost of roll-about systems; Source...
- Videoconferencing changes the corporate meeting. Flanagan, Patrick // Management Review;Feb94, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p7
Discusses the use of videoconference in corporate meetings in the United States. Increased sales of videoconferencing; Executive recruitment; Loss of body language feedback; Technical problems; Tips of effective use of videoconferencing.
- In your face. Amadio, Jill // Entrepreneur;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p64
Features of desktop videoconferencing equipment for entrepreneurs available in the United States. Price range; VTEL's SETTOP 250; 3Com's Bigpicture Video Phone; Standards for conducting calls over traditional analog network lines; Requirements of videoconferencing using personal computer; Intel...
- GETTING IT DONE. Sweeney, Theresa; Gilpatrick, Kristin // Credit Union Management;Oct2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p6
Provides information on the use of videoconferencing in the credit union industry. Advantages of using a videoconference in meetings and interviews; Tips on conducting a successful videoconference.
- MEETINGS would you miss them? Saunders, Andrew // Management Today;Oct2002, p54
Focuses on the alternatives for corporate meetings in Great Britain. Effectiveness of electronic mail systems to keep in touch on the people within an organization; Combination of speech, vision, presentation and document sharing capability in videoconferences; Advantages of one-on-one...
- Satellite speaking. // Business Travel World;Jun2003 Supplement, p22
Focuses on the popularity of videoconferencing in Great Britain. Amount spent for videoconferences in 2002; Percentage of companies that used videoconferencing; Comparison on the spending for business travel and videoconferences.