Pick Your Dream
- THE JOYS OF FALLING THROUGH SPACE. // Saturday Evening Post;6/18/1966, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p82
Presents information on skydiving. History of skydiving; Number of skydivers in the U.S. as of 1965; Number of skydivers killed in 1965.
- What would you do for... A FREE FRÃ‰DÃ‰RIC FEKKAI MAKEOVER? // Marie Claire (US Edition);May2005, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p106
This article presents information about how far a reader of the journal "Marie Claire" would go for a free haircut. Jessica Plotnick, co-owner of a cosmetic medical practice, says that she'd skydive for the first time to win the prize. She says that she really wanted to get her hair cut by...
- PAY ATTENTION. Arrington, Steve // Winner;Jan2003, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p4
Presents an article on sky diving at night over the Hawaiian Islands.
- THE SKY'S THE LIMIT. Hall, Gerry Lynn // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Winter2002-03, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p48
Reports on skydiving activities in South Carolina. Companies that offer skydiving lessons and services; Details of the skydiving principles commonly taught at schools; Number of people employed by the industry.
- First Aussie iFly open. // Travel Daily;3/20/2014, p4
The article offers information on the iFly DownUnder, Australia's first indoor skydiving centre which opened in 2014.
- FREE FALL. Carrison, Peter // Flying;Jan2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1, p90
Shares an experience of sky diving with the intention of exceeding Mach 1 in free fall.
- RUSH TO THE BOTTOM. Cunningham, Jaime // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);6/9/2003 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 141 Issue 23, p65
Once reserved for adrenaline junkies, skydiving is luring more and more regular folks. For $190, Rio Turismo Radical offers bilingual guides and gear for tandem jumps. Take in the striking terrain of Rio de Janeiro and Copacabana Beach from 4,000 meters above sea level. In Queensland, Australia,...
- High Times. Abrams, Michael // National Geographic Adventure;Oct2008, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p67
The article presents information on proximity flying, a sport in which instead of moving away from objects, as before, proximity fliers head toward them. It reports that proximity fliers touched the Jesus statue in Rio de Janeiro in Brazil, flew very close to people on an alpine outcropping, and...
- Jump Street. Lowry, Richard // National Review;1/31/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p54
Presents an essay about sky diving. Decision of the author to parachute with a friend; Description of the training; Anxiety before the jump; Highlights of the experience; Reflections on why the experience stuck with him; Understanding of why people become addicted to the sport; Dangers and...