- Room for growth. Hayhurst, Lee // Travel Weekly: The Choice of Travel Professionals;10/21/2005, Issue 1792, p24
This article reports that British Hospitality Association has predicted a good period of growth in the hotel sector. The association's Trends and Statistics 2005 report predicts, that despite July's London bombs, the industry will see improved sales and profits this year, Revenue per available...
- HA scheme is a shining star at this time of year. LEWIS, MARK // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/10/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4657, p5
In this article the author reflects upon the Family Members Scheme of the hospitality industry's benevolent trust Hospitality Action (HA).
- Law lobby seeks hospitality expertise. // Lodging Hospitality;Mar98, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the plans of the Academy of Hospitality Industry Attorneys to enlist lawyers experienced in advising the hospitality industry. Comments from C. Scott Crabtree, of Denver law firm Alexander and Crabtree; Contact information.
- From Rags to Riches. Turkel, Stanley // Lodging Hospitality;3/15/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p42
Presents information on the Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA). Brief history of AAHOA; Information on AAHOA members; Plans and goals of the association. INSET: The Big Ideas.
- New lodging association set in Seattle. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/16/95, Vol. 210 Issue 18, p3
Reports on the formation of the Seattle Hotel and Motel Association to promote Seattle, Washington's hospitality industry.
- Virgin Islands. // CruiseGuide;10/5/2009, p12
The article reports on the move by the U.S. Virgin Islands Hotels & Tourism Association to offer great accomodation package to travelers.
- 25 Detroit hotels work to form advocacy group. Duggan, Daniel // Crain's Detroit Business;7/7/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that representatives of 25 hotels in Detroit, Michigan have decided to form the Detroit Hotel Association to create a lobbying and advocacy force specifically for Detroit hotels. Detroit Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau (DMCVB) president Larry Alexander says that he...
- Belles host bash. // Hotel & Motel Management;6/20/2005, Vol. 220 Issue 11, p70
Reports that the United Services Organization (USO) Liberty Belles and Paul Giovanini, general manager of the Sheraton National Hotel in Arlington, Virginia, teamed up at the Stars & Stripes, Diamonds & Clubs Casino Night event benefiting the USO of Metropolitan Washington.
- Greater Washington, D.C. Carstens, Kay // Medical Meetings;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p94
Presents updates on hospitality venues and meetings market in Greater Washington, D.C., as of February 2002. Plans for a medical conference complex near the Catholic University and Washington Hospital Center; Details on the 27th Annual Congress of the Oncology Nursing Society; Information on...