Planners Scale Back Site Inspections
- No vacancy. Leuchter, Miriam // Crain's New York Business;4/24/95, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p23
Presents an overview of how meeting planners are doing in New York City. Negotiations with hoteliers; Packaged amenities given to meeting planners; Cancellation and attrition policies of hotels.
- Buzz at Krisam Insurance Planners Event: Engagement, Action, Choice. Hall, Alison // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;6/22/2011, p1
The article discusses the highlights of the 13th annual Krisam Insurance Advisory Board (KRIAB) that was held in 2011 at the Jemeirah Essex House in New York City. The event lured 22 planners, hoteliers, and Krisam Group and Global Events Partners executives. One planner reported greater...
- Negotiating Small Meetings: 6 Myths. // Religious Conference Manager;Aug2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p43
Addresses several myths in negotiating small meetings at a typical hotel from the perspective of a hotelier and a meeting planner. Number of small meetings booked; Difficulty in negotiating small meetings; Advantages of holding small meetings.
- TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO CONVENTION BUREAU. // Contact Magazine;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p57
The article provides information on Trinidad and Tobago Convention Bureau (TTCB) and its role in managing event venues, arranging tours and planning the program. As stated, TTCB offers its suggestions and services to different groups and meeting planners free of cost. The article further informs...
- MEETING EXPECTATIONS. Stoessel, Eric // Lodging Hospitality;7/15/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p20
Information about the three-day, invitation-only event of meeting planners and luxury hoteliers hosted by Elite Meetings International Inc. at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, California in May 2010 is presented. Topics include hotel technology including an electronic...
- Baltimore Hosts FICP Northeast Regional Meeting. // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;9/6/2011, p3
The article discusses highlights of the second FICP Northeast Regional meeting held at Hyatt Regency Baltimore from July 31 to August 2, 2011. It is stated that during the meeting, hospitality partners met one-on-one with planners to discuss their meeting needs, ask questions and gather insight....
- 4 Easiest Tips for Negotiating With Hotels Right Now. Hall, Alison // Association Meetings Exclusive Insight;3/6/2012, p4
The article shares tips on how meeting planners can negotiate with hotels' revenue managers. Event planners should be flexible and be more open to providing information. They should also prioritize their must-haves, instead of giving many concessions. They should also research on the hotel's...
- City Meetings: A Planner's Guide. Kelito, Larry // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;May2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p18
The article presents some tips for veteran meeting planners for finding hotel space at a reasonable rate. If the conference group is large, one should not be shy about putting pressure on a hotel. One should ask high-demand major city hotels about room availability during their shoulder season....
- Berlin mall. Diamond, Kerry // Travel Agent;4/8/96, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p56
Focuses on the Industry Training Board's conference which was held in Berlin by hoteliers to promote new projects, programs and properties. Names of hotel companies which were present at ITB; Ideas promoted by hotels.