- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- Bio power. Mason, M. S. // Christian Science Monitor;8/20/99, Vol. 91 Issue 186, p13
Explores the popularity of biographical television programs. How Arts & Entertainment has launched The Biography Channel; Various approaches to the biography and documentary; Comments of Sandra Heberer director of news and factual programming at Public Broadcasting Service (PBS); Variety of...
- HBO to Launch SVOD in South Carolina. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports the launching of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services by Home Box Office (HBO) in the United States. Efforts of several companies in launching SVOD; Price range of the services; Plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to offer SVOD services.
- VOD Sea Change. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p20
The article reports on the planned launch of a new video-on-demand (VOD) promotion by Scripps Networks to offer its top-rated shows on-demand, rather than library content in the U.S. Prior to its planned launch, Scripps has been offering utility player library fare on VOD instead of its popular...
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- Subscribing to SVOD. // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p104
Interviews John Billock, president of Home Box Office cable television network, regarding subscription video-on-demand (SVOD). Schedule of launch of SVOD services; Consumer demand for SVOD; Views on cable operators' willingness to devote bandwidth to SVOD.
- Xaos' Wild Ride. Diaz, Ann-Christine // Advertising Age's Creativity;May2000, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p46
Focuses on the broadcast identification campaign created by Xaos for cable television network ZDTV. Women executives at the animation and design house, Xaos; Mastery of the visual territory of large-format cinema; Xaos' ride film project for the Volkswagen AutoStadt automotive theme park.
- Lynn Picard. Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;9/13/1999, Vol. 70 Issue 38, special section ps2
Features Lynn Picard, executive vice president of sales for cable television network Lifetime Television. Career background; Duties and responsibilities.