- IN FOR A TUNE-UP. Young, Susan // Daily Variety;1/16/2009, Vol. 302 Issue 11, pA8
The article discusses the participation of American writer and producer Marc Cherry in the making of the television program "Desperate Housewives." The television program's music supervisor David Sibley said that Cherry posses a heavy musical theater background with hands-on improvement. In...
- 'Housewives' Creator Was Desperate for a Success. Howard, Brendan // Home Media Retailing;8/21/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p14
Presents an interview with Marc Cherry, writer and creator of the television program "Desperate Housewives," regarding the program. Reasons for creating the program; Reaction to the success of "Desperate Housewives"; Information on a DVD set of the show.
- THE ORIGINAL DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE. Fleeman, Michael // People;Oct2005 Extra, Vol. 64, p60
The article presents an interview with Marc Cherry, the creator of the television program "Desperate Housewives," and his mother, Martha. Martha was the inspiration for the program. Cherry discusses how he adapted his life and childhood to television. They talk about an instance where Martha...
- DESPERATE DISH. Shapiro, Eddie // Out;Sep2005, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p41
Interviews gay television writer Marc Cherry regarding his television program "Desperate Housewives." Reason the show appeals to gay men; View on a character in the show named Bree; Reaction of Cherry's mother when he came out.
- DIGGING IN. Benson, Jim; Grossman, Ben // Broadcasting & Cable;9/25/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 38, p18
This article discusses a dispute and the threat of strike from television writers with the Writers Guild of America against television industry executives. A protest was held in a park in Los Angeles, California, which included the television program "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry...
- EX GETS MORE 'DESPERATE' Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;7/27/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 17, p11
Reports on the acceptance of television writer Richard Burgi of the offer to become a series regular on the second season of the television program "Desperate Housewives" at ABC in Los Angeles, California.
- Who's NEW? // People;Oct2005 Extra, Vol. 64, p71
The article looks at newcomers to the television program "Desperate Housewives." Actress Joely Fisher describes her role on the program. She states that she will act in a Broadway revival of the musical "Funny Girl." Comedian Julia Sweeney has joined the program as a screenwriter. She is also...
- Ugly Betty. // Gay Times (09506101);Feb2010, Issue 377, p48
The article features Alec Mapa, an actor from the U.S. television (TV) show "Ugly Betty." He says that he can determine whether writers are straight or gay by the way gay men are depicted on TV. The actor reportedly portrayed a character of a stylist and a bestfriend of another character in the...
- QUEER EYE FOR STRAIGHT TV. Poniewozik, James; McDowell, Jeanne; King, Patrick; Mutchnick, Max; Kohan, David; Chaiken, Ilene // Time;3/14/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 11, p56
This article profiles Marc Cherry, Alan Ball, Ryan Murphy, and Michael Patrick King who created four of the most popular television shows this season. Even as the nation is writing gays out of the definition of its most exalted relationship (marriage), gay writers like "Desperate Housewives...