THROUGH THE WIRE
- MTV stays home. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/10/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 24, p4
Reports the return of the Television Critics Association (TCA) tour to Pasadena in California. Demands of TCA from cable networks; Failure of MTV Network to comply with the TCA requirements; Issue regarding the presence of MTV Network in New York.
- Journos flip over CNBC's freebie. Richmond, Ray // Variety;7/15/96, Vol. 363 Issue 10, p5
Reports that cable network CNBC distributed Motorola cellular phones to reporters and critics during the Television Critics Association's 1996 press tour. Television journalists' reactions to the giveaway.
- Programmers strut their stuff. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;01/24/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p1
Reports on cable television programmers' campaign for their program offerings at the Television Critics Association's winter tour in California in January 2000. Home Box Office's touting of the ratings for the second season of the soap opera `The Sopranos'; Networks' coverage of election...
- Ho-hum cable hype tour. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p3
Reports on cable television networks' presentation of their programs during the Television Critics Association's 1999 summer press tour. Impact of John F. Kennedy Jr.'s July 17, 1999, crash on the presentation.
- New Projects Light Up TCA. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/9/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 31, p12
The article reports that the new original projects of cable networks have highlighted the two-week Television Critics Association (TCA) summer press tour in Los Angeles, California.
- Newbie Networks Share the Stage at TV Critics' Tour. UMSTEAD, R. THOMAS // Multichannel News;7/29/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 29, p4
The article discusses that two new cable networks Revolt Television (TV) of Revolt Media LLC and Pivot TV, a part of Participant Channel Inc. have joined the U.S. 2013 Television Critics Association's Summer Press Tour to present a preview of upcoming shows.
- BROADCAST CHIEFS TALK CHANGING MODELS, CABLE COMPETITION AT TCA SUMMER PRESS TOUR. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/21/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 26, p5
The article reports on the programming presentations of various entertainment chiefs at the Television Critics Association (TCA) summer press tour in Beverly Hills, California in 2014 in which they talked about changing models and cable competition.
- Prelaunch hits iceberg. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p55
Reports on Oxygen's prelaunching at the Television Critics Association's winter tour in Pasadena, California. Problems during the launching of Oxygen; Absence of celebrities during the launching.
- Discovery, 'Dateline' Team Up for Newsmag. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p18
Reports on United States-based cable television network Discovery Channel's participation in the 2001 Television Critics Association tour. Network's announcement of its television programs.