- ITALY'S STREAM BLAMES SPORTS FOR FLOW OF RED. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Daily Variety;11/15/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 54, p9
Focuses on the financial performance of Telecom Italia and Rupert Murdoch's News Corp television platform Stream in Milan, Italy. Impact of high cost of sports rights on the business; Plan to merge with television operator Telepiu.
- Untangle the Cable Selection Process. Knisley, Joe // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Dec2001, Vol. 100 Issue 13, p18
Focuses on the importance of choosing the right datacom cable for network installation in the United States. Demand for communications networks operating at the highest performance levels; Improvement on the selection of the proper copper cabling; Assessment on the need for enhance network...
- MTV, Yahoo! get in tune. Khalili, Behnoosh // Electronic Media;08/04/97, Vol. 16 Issue 32, p16
Highlights `unfURLed,' an ad-supported directory to music on the Web, which is presented in conjunction with Music Television company (MTV) and Yahoo! Corporation. Comments from Matt Farber, senior vice president of programming enterprises for MTV; Contents of the directory.
- Big (Cable) Tech Trends for 2012. Ellis, Leslie // Multichannel News;12/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 47, p30
The article presents projections for big cable and technology companies in the U.S. for 2012 including the automatic content recognition (ACR), Internet protocol version six (IPv6) and content delivery network (CDN).
- CABLE KICKSTART. // Variety;4/15/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 9, p7
Deals with the predictions made by Bill McGowan of Discovery Networks on gains of broadcast and cable networks in 2002-03.
- IN BRIEF. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/04/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 24, p18
Presents developments on cable television in the United States as of June 2001. Succession of Walter McCormick as president and chief executive officer of US Telecom Association; Designation of Jonathan Barzilay as senior vice president and general manager of Toon Disney; Victory of NBC in the...
- The powers that be: The black hole of regulation, censorship and money-making. // China Economic Review (13506390);Dec2011, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p32
The article focuses on the issues on China's internet protocol television (IPTV) and digital, bi-directional TV (DTV). It mentions that competition between the two platforms has predictably split along operator lines, with DTV being promoted by cable network operators, and IPTV advanced by...
- NCTA Notes. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p40
Presents news about United States cable systems participating at Cable 2001 hosted by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association. TNN; TechTV; Mixed Signals Technologies; MuchMusic all-music channel; VH1; Oxygen.
- Uneasy tickdown to '97. Halligan, Fionnuala // Variety;10/2/95, Vol. 360 Issue 9, pM91
Reports on the uncertainty on television broadcasting's future in Hong Kong due to the takeover of China in 1997. Legislation of a broadcasting bill on the rules governing terrestrial broadcasters, cable operators and satellite networks; Stuttering progress of Wharf Cable TV to gain viewers;...