- What're You in For? The Cable, Mostly. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 46, p6
Presents a round-up of news from the United States cable television industry, as of November 2000. Satirical musical revue by the Denver chapter of Cable Positive; EchoStar Communications Corp.'s clarification on the appearance of Al Gore on Dish Network's Vote 2000 channel; Terayon...
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;6/8/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 111, p2
Presents updates on competition in the cable television industry in the U.S. as of June 2006. Deadline met by EchoStar for ensuring that subscribers receive their local television signals; Contract between Verizon and DirecTV for a service offering.
- Dish Eyes 5 Million-Sub Mark. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;08/07/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 32, p2
Focuses on the plan of EchoStar Communications Corp. chairman Charlie Ergen to increase the number of its cable television subscribers in the United States before the end of year 2000. Optimism on the results of the second-quarter results; Advantage of balanced spending; Financing for the...
- At the Portals:. // CableFAX Daily;9/12/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 176, p2
The article presents cable television industry news briefs. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has granted the request of Echostar to dismiss its program access complaint against In Demand regarding In Demand's pricing for INHD and INHD2 channels. The National Cable Television...
- Competition:. // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p2
Presents an update on issues related to cable TV as of April 2006. Deal forged between EchoStar and Lime; Reason for the plan of Verizon to provide refunds to their Internet costumers.
- Whining Allowed: Cable's Competitors Complain to Commission. // CableFAX Daily;10/17/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 201, p1
Presents the views of several cable operators in the U.S. regarding the state of competition in the industry as of October 2005. EchoStar Communications; Verizon Communications; SBC Communications.
- Competition. // CableFAX Daily;2/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p2
Reports an update on products launched by cable television operators in the U.S. as of February 22, 2006. Launch of FiOS TV by Verizon; Sale of Vonage starter kits by OfficeMax; Launch of high definition service by EchoStar.
- FOR THE RECORD. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;9/13/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 34, p40
The article offers news briefs related to telecommunication, including the access of Verizon Communications FiOs television customers, subscribing to Cinemax, to MaxGo.com and Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers' announcement of speaker lineups for the two upcoming discussion panels at...
- ADELPHIA DEPLOYS TERAYON DOCSIS 2.O-BASED CABLE MODEMS. // Modem Users News;Oct2002, pN.PAG
Reports on Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) cable modems unveiled by Terayon Communication Systems Inc. Application of the modems; Features of the modems.