Motorola Buying Maker of IP Boxes in Sweden
- Arris Picks Up Pace for $2.1 Billion. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;4/27/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 16, p6
The article informs about the acquisition of set-top box maker Pace PLC by telecommunication firm Arris Group followed by acquisition of wireless equipment maker Motorola Home. Topics discussed include plan of Arris for expanding its presence and set-top market-share in the international market,...
- Hello? It's Your TV Set--Top Remote Calling. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;5/11/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 19, p5
The article reports on the addition of telephony features into the rechargeable remote control for Internet-protocol TV set-top boxes of Motorola in the U.S. The author states that the development will allow subscribers to pick up and place phone calls while channel-surfing. Moreover, the...
- Set-top Box Vendor Consolidation Required to Meet Demands of Merged Operators Such as AT&T-DirecTV, Says ABI Research. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;May2014, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses aspects of the recommendation by ABI Research for the further consolidation of the fragmented set-top box vendors to satisfy the needs of merged operators.
- France : TELEFand#211;NICA uses ALCATEL-LUCENT technology for cloud DVR service. // TendersInfo News;7/31/2014, p1
The article reports that telecommunications provider TelefÃ³nica is using technology Movistar Television (TV) supplied by Alcatel-Lucent to provide its cloud DVR service as Movistar subscribers can record up to 350 hours of content in the cloud through their set-top boxes.
- Charter, Comcast Make Set-Top Moves. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;1/26/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p6
The article reports that cable television provider Charter Communications has selected digital set-top box maker Humax for supply of Worldbox, a multiple service operators' new hybrid Internet Protocol (IP) box and also informs about the approval of mass media company Comcast's IP-only set-top box.
- In-Stat: Set-Top IP Boxes To Grow 14%. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/3/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p14
The article reports on a study conducted by In-Stat which projected that the global set-top box market will see significant growth in 2011, with Motorola remaining as the market share leader.
- Road Blocks. // Broadcast & CableSat;9/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on challenges faced by Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT) broadcasters in India including reductions in terms of funding, cost of migration and simulcast with regard to new standards, and need to purchase of a new set top box and antenna to switch to DTT.
- Infonetics: Gains in Asia and Latin America STB Markets Won't Offset Declines in N. America, W. Europe. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Nov2013, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p14
The article discusses the 2nd quarter 2013 (2Q13) set-top boxes and pay TV subscribers market share and forecast report released by the market research firm Infonetics Research Inc. that tracks internet protocol, cable, digital terrestrial (DTT) and set-top boxes (STBs). It reports on the STB...
- Set-top boxes reach for the cloud. Robuck, Mike // CED;Sep2011, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p16
The article focuses on set-top box innovations which are intended to cater the needs of customers. It mentions the set-top boxes with Internet Protocol (IP) capabilities and High Definition Digital Video Recording (HD DVR). It mentions that Comcast Corp.'s Xcalibur or Xfinity TV service aims to...