Worst and Best of Times in Los Angeles
- The Cable Operator Out To Fix Los Angeles. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/5/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 1, p24
Profiles Lee A. Perron, senior vice president of Southern California region operations of cable television provider Adelphia Communications. Role of Perron in the company; Career background; Information on the financial scandal and bankruptcy filing of the company.
- New-Look Adelphia's More Female. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p9
Deals with the growth in number of women executives in Adelphia Communications, a multiservice operator in the cable television industry in the U.S. Role of the restructuring of Adelphia in the growth; Plans for the corporate turnaround of Adelphia that filed for bankruptcy in June 2002; Impact...
- Adelphia 'Ambassador' Execs Call on L.A. Subs. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;8/4/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p8
Reports on the campaign launched by cable television operator Adelphia Communications Corp. to know response of their customers regarding service of the company in Los Angeles, California. Percentage of employees of the company participating in the campaign; Strategy of the company behind...
- L.A. to Cable: Cut the Complaints. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the move of the Board of Information Technology Commissioners in Los Angeles, California to push cable operators to improve their internal systems in order to reduce the number of complaints from their subscribers. Information on the 2003 Year-End Statistics of complaints against...
- Small Shops' Big Push Lifts Adelphia HD Sales. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on a marketing agreement between Adelphia Buffalo and small regional electronics-related business known for their reputations in the community for individualized customer service in Buffalo, New York. Benefits of the marketing agreement to Adelphia as a local provider of high definition...
- On the Block, Adelphia Consolidates in Anaheim. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp., the bankrupt cable operator, to consolidate its business from Santa Ana to Anaheim, California. Adelphia's plan to sell part of its business to a venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.; Customer complaints against Adelphia; Reasons for...
- L.A. GETS EARFUL ABOUT AT&T, ADELPHIA. Figler, Andrea // Cable World (10427228);4/22/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p52
Reports on the increase in complaints generated by AT&T Broadband and Adelphia Communications in Los Angeles, California in 2001. Comparison of the subscriber complaints received by the companies in 2000 and 2001; Factors which contributed to the increase in complaints; Advantage of having...
- Complaint-free customer service. Bruce-McClendon // Public Management (00333611);Mar97, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p21
Discusses the importance of complaints in a successful customer service. Psychological aspect of complaints; Complaints as the least costly and most efficient ways to obtain useful information from customers; Notes from the book `In Search of Excellence' by Peters and Robert Waterman.
- Do yourself a favor: Gripe about bad service. Tschohl, John // American Salesman;Jun94, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the importance of complaining about a bad service to the concerned business enterprise. Result of a study by A.C. Nielsen Co. on dissatisfied customers; Decline in the number of gripes in an environment receptive to them; Two rules of effective protest.