- Has the Channel 5 marketing strategy lost its momentum? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign (UK);08/01/97, Issue 31, p18
Focuses on the marketing strategy used by Channel 5, television network. Reference to poaching David Brook, a marketing director; Penetration of Channel 5 in defence of its choice of independent television; Comments from Nick Theakstone, head of broadcast at the Media Centre.
- AGING GRACEFULLY. Lang, Mark // Adweek New England Edition;05/22/2000, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p100
Reports the launching of the Best of Life marketing initiative from Senior Network. Design of the initiative; Focus of the initiative.
- WTN doesn't need any viewers. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;7/24/95, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p21
Discusses the six English-language specialty television channels in Canada. Assertion that these channels were essentially forced on cable subscribers in January 1995 by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission and by the country's cable companies. Showings by the two...
- WE Urges Women to Take a Break. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;1/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on affiliate marketing and local advertisement sales undertaken for promotion of Women's Entertainment Network. Planned day for starting channel promotion; Affiliates participating in marketing and advertisement sales promotion of the network; Suggested ways for promoting the network;...
- TV Guide Drives Digital Penetration. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;1/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
Reports the marketing campaign of the TV Guide Channel in the cable television industry in the U.S. Importance of the campaign on digital penetration; Move of the cable network in improving affiliate revenues; Visibility of the campaign on major cable networks.
- Awash in a Sea of Niches. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;12/04/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 47, p20
Reports on the challenge posed by the growing niche networks for the United States cable television industry. Changes in the industry's environment; Brand the TNN network is developing; Television programs the FX network has acquired.
- Cable expands its horizons. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 30, p26
Reports on the move of cable programmers to expand their reach overseas. Plans for a European launch of The Travel Channel; Rumored plans for launch of several Nickelodeon series abroad; Composition of the planned European network for The Travel Channel.
- U.S. services target British kids. Amdur, Meredith // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/93, Vol. 123 Issue 28, p38
Reports on American networks' promotional efforts for Great Britain's children's channels to secure advertising revenue in still-limited market. Launch of the Astra1C satellite; Turner's The Cartoon Network; Viacom's Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite; BSkyB's basic pay tier; Percentage of British...
- Agencies, stations debate indie discrimination. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;1/30/95, Vol. 125 Issue 5, p27
Discusses the discrimination problems faced by the independent television stations from advertisers and agencies on a debate at an INTV panel session. Comments of station executives on the panel; Other problems being faced by the stations.