- Showtime Rolls More 'Weeds.'. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;11/20/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 46, p22
The author reports that cable network Showtime has given the OK for 15 new episodes of the critically acclaimed comedy "Weeds." The show stars Emmy-winner Mary Louise Parker as a pot-selling suburban mom. The program is produced by Lionsgate in association with Titled Productions, and resumes...
- Addictive Laughter. Poniewozik, James // Time;8/8/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 6, p67
Reviews two character-driven cable television situation comedies. Theme of Showtime's "Weeds," starring Mary-Louise Parker; Parker's role in "Weeds," in which she juggles motherhood, drug dealing and a complicated morality; How FX's "Starved" drew on personal food struggles; Focus of...
- Cable queens. Karpel, Ari // Entertainment Weekly;11/30/2007, Issue 966/967, p96
The author reports on various actresses who appear on cable television programs including Glen Close, who appears in "Damages," Kyra Sedgwick, who appears on "The Closer," and Mary-Louise Parker, who appears on "Weeds." Sedgwick discusses her fears regarding "The Closer." Parker comments about...
- Fox nets seek room. Cajueiro, Marcelo // Daily Variety;7/25/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 15, p10
Reports on the efforts of Fox Broadcasting Co. to sell local versions of its Speed Channel and Fox Life cable channels in Brazil.
- Speed's Digital Drift. Crupi, Anthony // MediaWeek;1/14/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Speed Channel cable television network will launch a new Web site in February 2008. The site is designed to serve both racing fans and the network's sponsors by presenting streaming video clips, a social networking application, and expanded editorial content, all...
- "Populist" Moonves Disses Showtime. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/29/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p12
Deals with the thoughts of Leslie Mooves, chief of CBS Corp., on the premium cable channel his company acquired and its divorce from Viacom as of May 2006. Comment on the network's original programming; Allegation regarding Showtime's interest on critics rather than audiences; Television...
- UK customers get on-demand services. A.B., Shamsul // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the introduction of an on-demand service in the cable television industry in Great Britain. Necessity of retaining customers for the technological advancement of the broadcasting industry; Different approaches of the services for content acquisition.
- Number of Cable TV Systems, 1975-1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p188
No abstract available.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 1999. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p189
No abstract available.