'Monk,' 'Shield' Show Age
- Cable networks grab bigger overall share. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;11/30/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p1A
Looks at the competition provided by cable television networks to the big four television broadcast networks in time for the 1998 November sweeps in the United States. Increase in prime-time household delivery by advertisement-supported cable networks; Increase in cable networks' collective...
- Cable's Growth Continues. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the increase in cable television audience in the U.S. as of July 2002. List of launched series which helped increase individual network ratings; Cable networks which experienced decline in household ratings; Suggestion on increasing the flow of audience from broadcast to cable.
- ESPN wins cable's young demo crowns. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;11/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p8
Reports that ESPN cable television network has won the top spot in cable's young demo household ratings for being best prime time broadcaster in October 2002 with Music Television getting the second position. Average earnings of ESPN and Music Television for 2002; Leading popular prime-time...
- Sweeps swept cable. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p47
Reports that ratings at 18 of the 20 largest basic cable networks in the United States were down during February 2000. Reasons for the decline; Performance of the programs on television networks American Broadcasting Co., Columbia Broadcasting System Corp. and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.;...
- Cable's top 25 people's choice. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p50
Ranks the leading cable television network programs in the United States for week February 21-27, 2000. Program title; Television network; Time slot; Duration; Market share.
- Soap bubbling up for Disney. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;04/05/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the ratings success of the Soap Net, a division of Walt Disney Corp., in the United States. Rank in primetime among all basic-cable networks in women 25-54 for the first quarter of 2001; Composition of the network's primetime schedule; Expected growth in the number of subscribers.
- Cable's top 25. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p38
Lists the top cable television programs in the United States for the week of March 29 to April 4, 1999. Includes `WWF Wrestling'; `Rugrats'; `South Park.'
- Cable programmers reap high July ratings. // Adweek Western Edition;8/14/95, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p12
Reports on the ratings gained by broadcast networks in the United States for the first three weeks of July 1995. Nick at Nite; Lifetime; USA Network.
- PERFORMANCE TRACKER. Ryan, Leslie // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p23
Presents tabular data on the ratings of television shows and the performance of cable television networks in the U.S. as of July 21, 2003.