NCTA: New Ad Campaign Due
- This year, NCTA site goes on without a glitch. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p12
Focuses on the glitch-free operation of the Web site of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA). Strategies to improve the site's features; Type of information included in the site's 1999 upgrades.
- Not so comprehensive. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;06/30/97, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p22
Presents information on launched site of the National Cable Television Association. Contents of the site; Design of the site; Details on the information offered.
- NCTA Investigators Target E-Mailer. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p12
Reports that National Cable & Telecommunications Association piracy investigators' location of the internet-service provider which hosts a hardware supplier that advertises illegal digital-video descrambling devices. Offer of filters that can compromise digital set-tops; Contents of the web...
- Reinventing cable to find place on converging superhighway. Mandese, Joe // Advertising Age;4/11/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 15, pS-2
The article discusses the impact of the convergence of telecommunication technologies on the cable television industry in the U.S. The convergence is forcing the industry to redefine itself and it is seeking to position itself as a lifestyle choice. National Cable Television Association has...
- THROUGH THE WIRE. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p126
Presents updates on issues and topics related to the cable television industry in the U.S. as of April 2006. Information on parties that will be held in line with the National Cable & Telecommunications Association National Show in 2006; Appearance of Dena Kaplan, GSN senior vice president of...
- Cable Group: Telcos Paying for Support. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;2/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the launch of the Web site Phoneybaloney.net by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) which alleges that telephone companies are paying support groups to oppose local television franchising in the U.S. NCTA ridicules the use of front organizations by...
- NCTA's leader board. Hall, Lee; McConville, Jim; Brown, Joel // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p4
Presents information on the 47the National Cable Television Association Show (NCTA '98). Information on the appearance of Microsoft's Bill Gates; Indepth look at the announcement made at the NCTA; Details on the NCTA Board elections.
- Cable channels look for face lift as digital arrives. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the attendance of cable network corporations at the 47th annual 1998 National Cable Television Association (NCTA) with emphasis on digital television. Indepth look at the word broad band; Indication that USA's and Sci-Fi's are seeking to revamp their brand image; Comments from USA...
- A line in the sand. // Electronic Media;05/11/98, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p12
Opinion. Focuses on the National Cable Television Association convention with emphasis on problems relating to digital programming. Information on the number of homes in the United States (US) receiving broadcast by way of cable outlet; Views on the 1080-interlaced format used CBS Incorporated...