Ex-AMCer Backs Horror Effort
- Cable outlets seeking to score with horror. Dempsey, John // Variety;4/23/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on the efforts of television networks such as NBC Universal, Comcast Corp., and Cablevision to find fresh outlets for horror programming. NBC Universal has launched "Chiller," a digital-cable network that shows scary movies and television shows. FearNet, launched by Comcast,...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- DirecTV platinum subscribers to get more channels by year's end. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;10/12/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p34
Reports that subscribers of DirecTV Inc.'s platinum cable television package in Puerto Rico will get a free HBO channel for free. Total number of cable television subscribers aimed to be achieved by DirecTV by year-end 2000; Features of the additional HBO channel; Current number of homes and...
- Comcast gets into PPV-event. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p24
Provides updates related to pay-per-view (PPV) programming. Plans of Comcast Corp. Original Programming division to produce PPV concerts and events; Goal of Comcast Corp. to generate revenue and promote In Demand brand; Agreement of TVKO with cable and direct-broadcast satellite distributors...
- New Arkoff monster pix set for HBO. Bernstein, Paula; Lyons, Charles // Daily Variety;02/23/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 58, p1
Reports that cable television network Home Box Office has signed a pre-buy deal for `Creature Features,' a series of films inspired by the monster movies produced by Samuel Z. Arkoff. Key people behind the movies; Opportunity for directors to play with their own concepts of fear.
- Versus back on DirecTV. Weisman, Jon // Daily Variety;3/16/2010, Vol. 306 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the return of sports cable network Versus to DirecTV Inc.
- Basic launch for Philadelphia sports channel. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p81
Focuses on Comcast/Spectator's decision to launch its regional sports channel SportsNet for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-area subscribers as a basic cable network. Reason for the move; Reaction by some cable operators to the move; Features of the SportsNet channel; Comment by Andrew Walton,...
- Comcast's 105 wideband tier in front of 40M homes. // CED;May/Jun2011, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the launch of DOCSIS 3.0-based Extreme 105 tier by Comcast Corp. in April 2011 in the U.S.
- Comcast to start new minority-owned cable channels. // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;2/29/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p4
The article presents information on the launch four new minority-owned cable channels in forthcoming two years by cable operator and home Internet service provider Comcast.