Stevens: Let Market Test Family Tiers
- Cable nets get in line for kids and family. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;03/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p22
Reports on the participation of more than 75 cable television networks for Tune in to Kids and Family, an industry initiative aimed at helping parents find family-friendly programming across the United States. Promotion of Voices Against Violence; Networks' allotment of at least an hour of...
- Cable's Family Tier Plan a Positive Step. // Television Week;12/19/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p12
The article reflects on the creation of family-friendly tiers of programming by cable television operators in the U.S. Cable operators have been willing to work toward a solution that will quiet a call for further regulation of the sector. Senator Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) will be pushing for...
- Holiday Wish List. Berman, Marc // MediaWeek;12/13/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 45, p38
Suggests several ideas concerning television programs in the U.S. Inclusion of a family in sitcoms; Use of scripted series for a syndicated program; Popularity of forensic crime solving in television drama; Creation of original episodes of television series by cable television.
- Pax TV president has faith in family shows. Goodale, Gloria // Christian Science Monitor;8/21/98, Vol. 90 Issue 188, pB7
Explains the views of Pax TV president Jeff Sagansky. His idealism; His experience at other television networks; Family shows to air on Pax TV and their audience; Public feedback for the company's plans; Presence of religious themes in programming; Definition of a family.
- Ozzy Knows Best. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);4/8/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p20
Provides information on the family-programming of cable television networks. MTV; Hallmark Channel; Nickelodeon; Cartoon Network. INSET: Family Values.
- Cable groups, networks go proactive. Green, Michelle Y. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/29/97, Vol. 127 Issue 40, p52
Focuses on cable television's efforts to offer family-oriented television programs in the United States. Background on the Family and Community Critical Viewing Project; Cable television industry's launch of the Tune in to Kids and Family Week; Emphasis on social responsibility.
- WONDER DAYS. Garron, Barry // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;Nov2000 Special Issue, Vol. 365 Issue 35, p8
Highlights opportunities for child actors in cable and network television in the United States. Renewed network emphasis on family shows; Family component in domestic situation comedies in fall 2000; Emergence of cable networks aimed exclusively at children.
- MSOs May Add Family Tier. Halonen, Doug // Television Week;12/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p6
The article focuses on the plan of top multiple system operators to offer subscribers a tier of family-friendly cable television programming. The cable industry hopes that the planned packages will pre-empt calls for an a la carte system that would require operators to let subscribers choose and...
- Fox Family Seeks 'Friendly' Support. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the efforts of United States cable network Fox Family Channel to seek support from advertisers for family-friendly programming in 2001. Letters to members of the Family Friendly Programming Forum.