Bundle of Grief for Networks
- Montgomery County Goes Live. KOVACS, BOB // Government Video;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on how Montgomery County, Maryland's Office of Cable and Communications has come up with a plan to feed simultaneous programs to different county population centers, using government channels on three local cable companies. It is informed that the county used Internet in the...
- TV confronts a tangled Web. Tedesco, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;03/20/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p58
Reports on the discussion of the Internet's impact on television at the New York NATAS TV/Internet conference held in March 2000. Challenge of developing content for both television and the Internet; Music Television's experimentation with TV-Internet convergence with the launch of webRiot, a...
- Nickleodeon's `You're On' to converge TV and online content. // Brandweek;07/27/98, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p36
Reports on Nickelodeon's plan to launch an online show corresponding to the network's `You're On.' Company's plan to create complementary online programming with all of its television shows; On-air promotions for the online program.
- Start Over Stats:. // CableFAX Daily;4/9/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p1
Reports on the performance of the Start Over service of Time Warner Cable from January to March 2006. Plan of Time Warner to expand the service; Popular networks viewed over the service.
- Cable op owners on the run. Zeitchik, Steven // Variety;5/7/2007, Vol. 406 Issue 12, p29
The article discusses some of the challenges facing the cable industry, such as changing ownership and the addition of programming and technology services like video on demand (VOD). The article mentions The Cable Show, the National Cable & Telecommunications Association's (NCTA) annual operator...
- KEY PUNCH. Walters, John // Sports Illustrated;08/21/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p24
Addresses the use of the Internet to broadcast professional boxing matches. Example of the featherweight championship match between Naseem Hamed and Augie Sanchez, simulcast on both the HBO television cable station and HBO's Web site; Special features offered on the Web site; Question of...
- LATIN AMERICA. // Daily Variety;10/3/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 23, p10
Reports on the live transmission of an 'Unplugged' concert on the Internet by MTV Latin America.
- Punters watch magician starve online. // Computer Weekly;9/16/2003, p5
Cable television network Channel 4 is using a video streaming system from web-based company Real Networks Inc. to show live coverage over the Internet of artist David Blame's starvation stunt in a box suspended above the Thames River. Viewers can use either Real Network's Realone Superpass...
- Monsieur Mickey faces tough Euro quota regs. Paoli, Pascale // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p65
Reports on the March 22, 1997 launch of the Disney Channel in France. Initial broadcast of the channel on Canal Satellite; Problems faced by Disney concerning this pending launch.