THIS JUST IN
- Island magic: 72 mil watch. Littleton, Cynthia // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;08/29/2000, Vol. 364 Issue 28, p73
Focuses on the success of CBS Inc.'s 13-episode 'Survivor' television program in the United States. CBS Television chief Leslie Moonves' comments about the contribution of network television in the program's success; Impact of 'Survivor' on the entire summer schedule of CBS and on 'The Early...
- Turning Hits Into Dollars. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;10/16/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p9
Focuses on the high-audience levels of CBS television network's prime-time television broadcasts in the United States in October 2000. Information on the household ratings of several television programs aired in CBS; Status of the network's younger viewership rating; What the overdelivery by...
- Picking apart CBS programming in Atlanta. // Adweek Western Edition;11/14/94, Vol. 44 Issue 46, p10
Reports that New World CBS affiliate television station WAGA, which is scheduled to switch to the Fox network in December 1994, has decided to just air a select crop of CBS programs on a week-to-week basis and forego some of the weaker parts of CBS' programming. WVEU as the station supposedly...
- Nick's new address to be CBS a.m. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;06/16/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 10, p4
Reports on CBS' decision to air `Nick Jr. on CBS' commercial-free in 2001. Company's plan to air interstitials and promotions throughout the season rather than selling time to advertisers; Nickelodeon sales executives' desire to get a sense of the block's performance before making their case on...
- Jersey TV looks for a few laffers. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;11/17/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 55, p1
Focuses on Jersey Television's television program slate for the 2001-2002 season. Acquisition of first series order from television network CBS in the United States; Offshoot of Jersey Films; Emphasis on comedy programs.
- CBS claims win of '98-'99 season. Sneider, Michael // Electronic Media;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p42
Reports on developments related to ratings performance of television networks in the United States as of May 24, 1999. Assertion of network CBS that it won the ratings competition in the 1998-1999 season; Other networks' ratings performance.
- Trial balloons at CBS. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;03/20/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 12, p9
Reports on television network CBS Inc.'s projects for the 2000-2001 season in the United States. Live version of `On Golden Pond' with actress Julie Andrews directing; Casting of former `Coach star' Craig T. Nelson as the lead in a potential network drama; Plans for a comedy similar to the life...
- Darkness on the edge of the night. Schmuckler, Eric // MediaWeek;11/7/94, Vol. 4 Issue 43, p3
Focuses on the declining ratings of CBS Inc.'s daytime television shows. Changes in syndication of television programs; Comments from industry executives regarding the decline; Reasons for the decline; Impact of the increasing number of syndicated talk shows.
- AFI 'Laughs' spec tickles Eye net's youth numbers. Kissell, Rick // Daily Variety;06/15/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 9, p4
Reports on United States-based television network CBS' ratings performance as of June 15, 2000. Titles of programs; Audience shares.