- The editor writes. // New Scientist;9/2/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 2567, p18
The article presents the opinion of editor of the journal on the Novartis Foundation in response to the letter about the writer of an article in the August 5, 2006 issue. According to the editor, the Novartis Foundation is a scientific and educational charity. Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp....
- TIP: PARTNERSHIPS FOR CHARITY. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Feb2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p7
The article comments on the Los Angeles based Starlight Children's Foundation. The Foundation focuses on improving the quality of life of seriously ill children by delivering a variety of in-hospital and out-patient distractive entertainment. proceeds from each vehicle. The Foundation's current...
- Meals to heal the hearts of caretakers and parents of children with cancer. Miralles, Elsa Fernández // Caribbean Business;9/13/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p68
The article highlights the activity initiated by Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Assoc. to the parents and caretakers of the children with cancer. The group coordinates with the Pediatric Cancer Foundation in offering food to the guardian of the children who are suffering from cancer. Chefs from...
- The American Hospital QUEST FOR QUALITY PRIZE. Runy, Lee Ann // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2004, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p75
Provides information on the American Hospital Quest for Quality Prize, established by the American Hospital Association along with McKesson Corp. and McKesson Foundation in 2003 to acknowledge hospital efforts to improve patient safety and quality. List of winners for 2004.
- For the benefit of women. // Global Cosmetic Industry;May2003, Vol. 171 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the face care products donated by Unilever's Suave brand to the Look Goodâ€¦Feel Better program of the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association in the U.S. Benefits of the program for women cancer patients; List of other cosmetics firms involved with the program; Contact...
- Hip Chicks Do Tabla. Bradshaw, Lisa; Daly, Meg // Just Out;3/5/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the amount donated by the Tabla restaurant for every glass of lesbian-owned Hip Chicks Do Wine to Our House of Portland in Portland, Oregon. Housing and health services provided by the organization to people with AIDS; Wine served in the bar and eatery from the city winery.
- Community. // Bulletin with Newsweek;11/27/2007, Vol. 125 Issue 6597, p66
The article profiles Bill Crews, the executive chairman of the Exodus Foundation, an organization in Australia which offers help to people affected with Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome. Crews was voted one of the most powerful people in the country. It includes key information on his career...
- Action For ME. McCurry, Patrick // Third Sector;4/16/2008, p26
The article offers information on the Action for ME charity. The charity works to improve the lives of people diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and myalgic encephalopathy. It reported a total income of Â£693,000 for the year ended March 31, 2007 and has spent Â£206,000 on fundraising...
- DSCS seeks holiday donations. // Bay Area Reporter;12/2/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p12
Reports on the call of San Francisco, California-based Dolores Street Community Services (DSCS) , an organization for people with AIDS, for donations from the community. Aim of the organization; Application of the funds generated by the organization; Items needed by DSCS clients.