- The pyrrhonist. Tucker, Brian // Institute of Public Affairs Review;May98, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the Conference of Parties to the Framework Convention on Climate Change, the international treaty on global warming, held at Kyoto, Japan in December 1997. Components of the Australian Government's position; How the Kyoto protocol must enter into force; Information on the Byrd-Hagel...
- Gasoline and gases. Crain, Keith // Automotive News;12/15/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5744, p12
Opinion. Suggests what the outcome of the Kyoto conference on global warming means for the automobile industry.
- Road to Bali. // Marg: A Magazine of the Arts;Mar2008, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p10
The author emphasizes the importance of international cooperation in addressing the issues of global warming and climate change. According to the author, the island of Bali, Indonesia has suffered from ecological devastation in the last four decades. Thus, it seems fitting that the island was...
- 'Climategate' Overshadows Copenhagen. Hollar, Julie // Extra!;Feb2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p6
Information about the measures to fight the effects of global warming discussed at the United Nations Climate Change Conference is presented. The conference was intended to discuss measures and the urgency of international action to combat global warming, but the media story had overridden the...
- Evolution of the greenhouse controversy is completely backwards. Chase, Alston // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/08/97, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p21
Comments on a meeting of international delegates in Kyoto, Japan during the week of December 8, 1997 to mesh out a policy for countering the threat of global warming worldwide. Argument on the economic impact of the issue; Hypothesis on the benefit of cloud forming to the earth's atmosphere.
- Coalition ads give cold shoulder to global warming treaty plan. Stoffer, Harry // Automotive News;9/15/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5731, p3
Discusses an advertising campaign directed against Clinton administration plans to sign an international treaty on global warming. The campaign being headed by a coalition including the Big 3 and car dealer associations; What the treaty would do; How the treaty would not help most United...
- Earth's last gasp? Lashof, Daniel A. // USA Today Magazine;May97, Vol. 125 Issue 2624, p50
Opinion. Focuses on global warming. The importance of the consensus of international scientists who confirm human influence on global climate; Their conclusions, as reported by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, including topics of death and disease, floods and droughts, and...
- Waiting to exhale. Burke, Jack // Traffic World;08/18/97, Vol. 251 Issue 7, p27
Focuses on the failure of negotiations in Bonn, Germany, over the adoption of an international treaty for control of global warming. Reasons for the talks' lack of progress; Impact on the final series of negotiations scheduled to be held in December 1997 in Japan.
- Hopes rise for agreement on greenhouse gas targets. Macilwain, Colin // Nature;12/19/1996, Vol. 384 Issue 6610, p605
Reports on the continuing efforts of signatories to the international climate convention in 1992 to reach consensus on a treaty regarding the binding of targets for emissions on greenhouse gases. The proposal of the United States for the earliest date to start binding; The response of the...