Any resident's story
- CME QUESTIONS. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p96
A quiz concerning the topics related to the continuing medical education is presented.
- CME Questions. // Medical Ethics Advisor;Sep2009, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p108
A quiz on continuing medical education program is presented.
- Continuing education. Dunea, George // British Medical Journal;9/2/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6138, p679
Focuses on the need for continuing education among medical practitioners in Chicago, Illinois. Decline in the practice of bedside teaching of practitioners; Factors affecting doctor-patient relationship; Importance of medical knowledge in practice.
- A University Is More Than an Intellectual Filling Station. Warren, James V. // Clinical Pediatrics;Oct1964, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p14A
This article shares the author's thoughts about medical education. The author relates that for many years, medical schools have used problem solving in the so-called case method of teaching clinical medicine. The patient, in placing his or her difficulties before the physician, presents a...
- What the educators are saying. Peile, Ed; Macdougall, Colin; McCarthy, Lara // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/20/2004, Vol. 328 Issue 7441, p692
Mentions articles from the 2004 issues of "Academic Medicine," "Perspectives," and "Medical Teacher". Idea in the Enhancing Teaching-Learning Environments in Undergraduate Course project that there are threshold concepts in all subject areas that should be considered in planning curriculum;...
- Effective improvement of doctor-patient communication: a randomised controlled trial. Hobma, Sjoerd; Ram, Paul; Muijtjens, Arno; Van Der Vleuten, Cees; Grol, Richard // British Journal of General Practice;Aug2006, Vol. 56 Issue 529, p580
Background Doctor-patient communication is an essential component of general practice. Improvement of GPs' communication patterns is an important target of training programmes. Available studies have so far failed to provide conclusive evidence of the effectiveness of educational interventions...
- Closing the gap between professional teaching and practice. Doyal, Len // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);03/24/2001, Vol. 322 Issue 7288, p685
Editorial. Discusses closing the gap between professional teaching and practice. Thoughts on the policy on the rights of patients in medical education; Belief that the policy can help protect students from being asked to behave unethically; Benefits of participating in medical education.
- PRETEST. // Psychiatric Annals;Oct2011, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p483
The article presents a Continuing Medical Education (CME) activity that primarily targets patient-caring physicians specializing in psychiatry.
- Standard of General Practice and elimination of quackery. Jawaid, Shaukat Ali // Pulse International;3/31/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p15
The article focuses on the condition of the standard of general practice of medicine in Pakistan. Topics discussed include least interest of the family physicians in the continuing medical education (CME) programs, lack of standardized training in general practice and need to increase the...