- Clinical trials for new diabetes drugs urgently needed In India: ISCR. // Express Healthcare;11/17/2015, p6
The article discusses clinical trials for diabetes drugs in India and mentions comments by Indian Society for Clinical Research (ISCR).
- Continuing the Tradition. Kruger, Davida F. // Diabetes Spectrum;Winter2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p2
The author offers his expectations from working as the editor of Diabetes Spectrum starting 2006 and presents an outlook for the journal and for diabetes care community in the U.S. during his term. He first acknowledges persons who have contributed to diabetes care. The author then presents a...
- Pharma: Clinic Roundup. // BioWorld Today;9/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 184, p10
The article reports on the results of several drug trials for diabetes as of September 25, 2013 including dapaglivlozin from Astrazeneca PLC and Bristol-Myers Squibb Co., linagliptin from Eli Lilly & Co. and Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, and Invokana from Janssen Research and Development LLC.
- Study Lead Opportunities. // CenterWatch Monthly;Aug2015, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p15
The article lists the clinical trials of drugs expected to enter the next phase of clinical trial including the drug "NovoRapid" for diabetes in phase III, drug "Copaxone" for multiple sclerosis in phase IV and drug "Rivaroxaban" for thrombosis in phase I.
- New drug could help patients with advanced kidney disease. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);6/18/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 13, pB3
The article reports on the Phase II study that will be conducted to assess the effectiveness of the drug FG-3019 in treating diabetic kidney disease at the Providence Medical Research Center in Spokane, Washington. It reveals that the study will be participated by 150 patients with the disease...
- Prescribing challenges in diabetes. Kenny, Colin // Diabetes & Primary Care;2013, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p165
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the author discusses a statement from the Primary Care Diabetes Society Committee on the safety of diabetes drug incretin as well as reports published within the issue including one on herbal medication and another on inhibitor drug dapagliflozin.
- New Lipidil indication. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Dec2013, Vol. 94 Issue 1123, p26
The article offers information on the Lipidil (fenofibrate) for the reduction in the progression of diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes from Abbott Australasia Pty. Ltd.
- Diamyd Stock Plunges 85% on Phase III Diabetes Miss. Sheridan, Cormac // BioWorld International;5/11/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p2
The article reports on the 85 percent decrease in shares of Diamyd AB in May 2011 after European Phase III trials of a therapeutic vaccine, also called Diamyd, failed to meet primary endpoints. Diamyd is designed to induce immune tolerance among type I diabetes patients. According to Redeye...
- Clinic Roundup. // BioWorld Today;4/18/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 74, p6
The article focuses on a study which showed that patients with Type I diabetes who receive their insulin treatment via pump indicated that AspartPH2.0 from Halozyme Therapeutics Inc. boosted insulin absorption and reduced the duration of action.
- Pioglitazone: fractures in women. // WHO Drug Information;2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p207
The article reports that health care professionals were informed by the manufacturer of pioglitazone on the increased incidence of fractures in women with type 2 diabetes in Switzerland, Canada and France. It is according to the analysis of a clinical trial database which determined that more...