A smouldering epidemic
- Greece: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Greece Country Report;2003, p37
Looks at the investment climate in Greece as of November 2002. Openness to foreign investment; Transparency of the regulatory system; Level of bureaucratic obstacles to investment; Status of the domestic capital market; Information free trade zones and ports in the country.
- The China-Australia Free Trade Agreement and the Growing Acceptance of Chinese State Capital Investment. Bowman, Megan; Gilligan, George; O'Brien, Justin // Asian Journal of Public Affairs;2015, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p3
This article maps the emergence of state capital as an increasingly valuable source of liquidity in global capital markets and foreign direct investment. In particular, this article considers how the rising influence of state capital is changing the perceptions of investee nations towards...
- Direct action. Boitout, David; de Meaux-Becdelievre, Beatrice // Lawyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p28
The article reports that the Regulation on the Administration of Direct Selling and the Regulations Prohibiting Pyramid Selling have become effective starting December 1, 2005 in China. These regulations are part of the preparation for trade liberalization and will pave the way for foreign...
- SWITZERLAND: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Switzerland Country Report;2006, p27
Presents an overview of the investment climate in Switzerland. Openness to foreign investment; Capital markets; Foreign/free trade zones/ports.
- KENYA: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Kenya Country Report;2006, p37
Presents an overview of the investment climate in Kenya. Openness to foreign investment; Capital markets; Foreign/free trade zones/ports.
- OMAN: Country Conditions: Investment Climate. // Political Risk Yearbook: Oman Country Report;2006, p33
Presents an overview of the investment climate in Oman. Openness to foreign investment; Capital markets; Foreign/free trade zones/ports.
- Country Conditions. // Political Risk Yearbook: Oman Country Report;2008, p1
The publication describes the investment situation in Oman for 2008. It is noted that the country seeks private foreign investors, particularly in the areas of industrial, information technology, tourism and higher education fields. The government has also issued a series of regulations aimed at...
- Region's integration encourages alternative business structures. MULRENAN, STEPHEN // IBA Global Insight;Aug/Sep2015, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p53
The article offers brief information on the ASEAN Economic Community, that will be launched in December 2015 and will improve the region's economy with 3 trillion dollars by 2020. It mentions that the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) will improve domestic growth, trade and foreign investment in...
- LOOKING BEYOND BILATERAL. Field, Alan M. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/7/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p60
The article discusses the impact of bilateral free trade pacts on U.S. exporters and on economic growth. It cites the importance of the increasing number of bilateral trade with the nation to traders who focus on specific foreign markets and adds that these agreements will have a positive...