Provinces lure physicians from one another
- The Cost of Recruiting Physicians. Merritt, James // Trustee;Oct2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p27
Presents information on the cost of recruiting physicians. Costs breakdown; Tips on minimizing costs; Information on hidden recruitment costs.
- Physician Recruiting in West Virginia Improves. Gray, Robert J. // State Journal (WV);2/4/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, Special section p14
The article reports on the improvement of physician recruitment in West Virginia.
- Michigan turns to `MOM' for aid in physician recruitment. Towns, Jeff // Primary Care Weekly;07/01/96, Vol. 2 Issue 27, p5
Reports that Michigan developed a physician recruitment strategy called `Medical Opportunities in Michigan'. Development of a centralized information system for health care professionals; Use of a broad range of marketing approaches; Contact information.
- To Attract the Best. Plemmons, Patrick // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Dec2010, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p6
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Bringing in the Talent" by Allison McCarthy, which appeared in the November 2, 2010 issue.
- Survey shows top ten physician employment markets. // Physician Executive;Jul1996, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the results of a survey of physician employers conducted by Merritt Hawkins and Associates in 1996. Percentage of hospitals recruiting physicians; Percentage of medical groups hiring physician.
- Let's Make a Deal. Dube, Monte; Mills, Elizabeth M. // Trustee;Sep2001, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p21
Discusses some legal aspects of physician recruitment programs of hospitals in the United States. Advantage of a physician recruitment program; Key characteristics of physician recruitment programs; List of successful physician recruitment arrangements; Information on the payment for physician...
- Prescription for selecting a doctor you can trust. Bishop, James // San Diego Business Journal;05/12/97, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p21
Illustrates how to select a doctor in San Diego County, California. Number of doctors practicing in the county; Number of primary care doctors; Areas of medicine from which doctors can be selected; Reference to a checklist of key considerations which can be used to select a physician. INSET:...
- Sometimes, when you're a boss, `nice' just doesn't cut it. Paley, Judith A. // Medical Economics;08/10/98, Vol. 75 Issue 15, p133
Focuses on the lessons learnt by a doctor about recruiting and managing staff. Description of how the receptionist performed her duties; Information on the practice; Details on the persons hired at the medical practice unit; Relationship between the doctor and patients.
- MD Bonuses. BUTCHER, LOLA // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2011, Vol. 85 Issue 8, p15
A pie graph is presented which shows the results of a survey of physician job searches such as the percentage of hospitals that offered bonuses related to productivity.