Diabetes plan considered
- Chapter 6: Endocrine System. Hargrove-Huttel, Ray Ann; Colgrove, Kathryn // Pharmacology Success: A Course Review Applying Critical Thinking;2008, p141
A quiz regarding medications prescribed to treat problems related to the endocrine system, such as type 1 and type 2 diabetes, pancreatitis and adrenal disorders, is presented.
- Tequin: labelling updates in US, warnings in Canada. // Reactions Weekly;2/25/2006, Issue 1090, p3
Reports on the labelling changes for Tequin antibiotic drug by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and warnings against its use by Health Canada in 2006. Concerns of Health Canada on blood glucose disorders; Changes included in the labeling of the drug; Information on the medical monitoring...
- Health Canada drug approval process slower than in Europe and US. // British Columbia Medical Journal;Jun2013, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p234
The article deals with a report the Fraser Institute which revealed that the drug approval process by Health Canada takes nearly a year which is slower than in Europe and the U.S.
- Unauthorised products warning in Canada. // Reactions Weekly;2/27/2010, Issue 1290, p4
The article reports on a warning issued by Health Canada to customers about unauthorised products sold under the "OM Fusion Distributors LLC" label stating that the products may cause life threatening reactions.
- Critic suggests Health Canada lacks guts to pull drug. // Reactions Weekly;2/12/2011, Issue 1338, p3
The article considers the views of David Juurlink, head of clinical pharmacology and toxicology at the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center in Toronto, Ontario, on the measures taken by Health Canada on restricting the use of rosiglitazone. According to Juurlink, Health Canada should have suspended...
- How to Keep Your BGs in Balance When You Eat and Exercise. Tanenberg, R. J.; Saenz, Mindy // Diabetes Health;Nov2004, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p22
Deals with three factors to consider by a person who have diabetes and who take insulin or oral diabetes medications.
- Evaluating local diabetes program. PHILLIPS, MORGAN // Eastern Door;4/12/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p18
The article reports in the financial assistance received by the Kahnawake Schools Diabetes (KSDPP) from Health Canada's Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative to evaluate the Kateri Memorial Hospital Center's (KMHC) Health Education Progam for Diabetes Prevention in Quebec.
- New table helps generic co.'s keep safety labelling up to date. // Reactions Weekly;3/16/2013, Issue 1444, p5
The article reports that the Health Canada launched a table on its website focused on informing generic drug manufacturers about the safety labelling changes to the Product Monographs, pharmaceutical brand.
- Antipsychotics and newborns. Kondro, Wayne // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/9/2011, Vol. 183 Issue 11, pE721
The article reports that Canada's Health Canada is following the U.S. lead and revised labelling requirements for a class of antipsychotic drugs being used during pregnancies.